Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - new member here.
We have put in our order of Touring (expected to arrive in a month). Trying to get smart on a few things and wanted to get your feedback

- New car purchase rate: Chase has 3.5% and best I saw was a 3.25% from Bank of America. Anyone have any luck on anything better?

- Subaru prepaid maintenance: Few years ago Subaru offered 2yr/24K miles free scheduled maintenance w/purchase (in TX). Is Subaru still offering something similar? Else saw that some members bought $800-$900 prepaid Subaru schedule maintenance for 4yr/48K. Anyone who has this, can they confirm if the can be done at any Subaru dealer?

- Gold Warranty (100K/10yr): Is this offered by Subaru OR 3rd party. Saw from members this is typically $1.5K of cost. Anyone who has successfully purchased this, can they please share their thoughts/price on this.

Many thanks and look forward to the group.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Subaru haven't been competitive to offer low (below 2%) or zero APR unless they're trying to get rid of the model; e.g. 2018 Forester needs to gone for the remodeled 2019 model year. I received 1.75% thru credit union (w/ their silly games, literally) w/ a decent credit score/history. Otherwise, 3-5% appears to a normal rate right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased mine in December-18 and financed it with Chase for 3.49% that was the lowest rate offered, I'm in Houston, TX. Even with great credit score of over 700, 3.49% was lower than my credit union offered rate of over 4%.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subaru haven't been competitive to offer low (below 2%) or zero APR unless they're trying to get rid of the model; e.g. 2018 Forester needs to gone for the remodeled 2019 model year. I received 1.75% thru credit union (w/ their silly games, literally) w/ a decent credit score/history. Otherwise, 3-5% appears to a normal rate right now.
That is a great rate. Which CU?
Even Navy Federal and USAA did not get me <3% rate..

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had the same issue with Navy Fed and USAA, 800+ credit score and the rates were super high. We ended up going with a local CU where the rate was 3.25% and included the warranty without adding extra cost.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
- Gold Warranty (100K/10yr): Is this offered by Subaru OR 3rd party. Saw from members this is typically $1.5K of cost. Anyone who has successfully purchased this, can they please share their thoughts/price
I bought the gold Warranty from Luke. I assume that is the one you are referring to. Yes it is a Subaru warranty. Luke is the business manager for Stamford Subaru. Great guy to do business with. You may want to contact him before you buy so you can make an informed decision on the extended warranty while you are buying the car.

Subaru in Texas does include 2yr 24k maintenance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the gold Warranty from Luke. I assume that is the one you are referring to. Yes it is a Subaru warranty. Luke is the business manager for Stamford Subaru. Great guy to do business with. You may want to contact him before you buy so you can make an informed decision on the extended warranty while you are buying the car.

Subaru in Texas does include 2yr 24k maintenance.
Thanks. Can you share what price range was the warranty in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
- New car purchase rate: Chase has 3.5% and best I saw was a 3.25% from Bank of America. Anyone have any luck on anything better?

Check out Lightstream. They basically offer a personal loan that you use to pay for your car in cash, and then you pay back to Lightstream. It's run through a Suntrust bank I think. They came in 0.5% lower than the auto loans I was checking out.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Check out Lightstream. They basically offer a personal loan that you use to pay for your car in cash, and then you pay back to Lightstream. It's run through a Suntrust bank I think. They came in 0.5% lower than the auto loans I was checking out.

Sunstream is good because this is an unsecured loan.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
That is a great rate. Which CU?
Even Navy Federal and USAA did not get me <3% rate..
Houston Police CU. Even in 2014 when we got our first subaru (Forester), the APR was hovering around 3.5%. Things haven't changed that much.

I believe the competitors like Ford and Toyota offers <1%, but their model is phasing out for new one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Our local credit union currently has 2.69% for 72 months.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I financed my Ascent for 36 months at .99% through the PENFED buying club. check it out at https://www.penfed.org/auto/car-buying-service.
Penfed is a great Credit Union with fantastic rates. We have our home loan with them at 2.8%. I attempted to purchase a Toyota Highlander through them, but the price they offered was higher than my local dealer, by nearly $2000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.