Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. This is my first Subaru and I'm pretty excited. I finalized everything over the phone today and I go into the dealership to pick up the car Friday. I got the Limited trim with Warm Ivory interior. What do you guys recommend as far as taking care of the seats? I know they have a protectant on them from the dealer but do you condition them at all too?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Congrats!!! Many people swear by Meguiars products. I own their stuff, but never used it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Those who have the Warm Ivory colored leather seats report that their jeans turn the edge of the seat a little bluish where you slide on to the seat. But it does clean off easily with leather cleaner. Those who are deep south don't have much of a color choice due to the high heat, so this color is quite popular.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts
Vehicle leather is sealed so just a nice gentle cleaner will do a good job.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
684 Posts
i used Zaino for almost 14 years , tried many other staff but keep going back to Zaino till i tried
CarPro ceramic etc... and last 3 years been using CarPro for exterior and Aero Cosmetics for interior

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,126 Posts
My standby leather treatment whether for cars, furniture, leather jackets or shoes is Lexol. You'll need the cleaner and the conditioner. This stuff has been around forever and works. I've never had a car seat crack and we just traded in a 21 year old Lexus for the Ascent. Added bonus, it's usually much cheaper than the fancy designer stuff.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hey guys. This is my first Subaru and I'm pretty excited. I finalized everything over the phone today and I go into the dealership to pick up the car Friday. I got the Limited trim with Warm Ivory interior. What do you guys recommend as far as taking care of the seats? I know they have a protectant om them from the dealer but do you condition them at all too?
i have the same vehicle 2019 version. it cleans up very easily. Meguiars wipes is all I have needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome and for the leather tips. The forum here has been helpful in finding information about pricing discounts, SoA coupon, and now leather help. I live in southwestern Ohio and can't recommend Wagner Subaru enough. The whole purchase experience and now the forum advice has been great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.