Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Ascent Touring back in December 2019. I am excited to be a Subaru owner again. My first car was a 1986 Subaru GL wagon. I also owned a 2004 WRX STi for 8 years. I did a lot of upgrades to the engine, turbo, exhaust, and suspension. Before I sold it, it was putting down 300hp to wheels using 100 octane racing fuel. I'd like to do a few things to my Ascent, but more focused on off-road capability versus speed and track performance. I joined this forum to get assistance with that. I want to make sure that the money I spend on upgrades doesn't go to waste on things that others have tried and found to not work well. Thanks for welcoming me into your community!

- Dave Sacco

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave, and welcome! The Ascent does pretty well off road, wherever it has sufficient breakover angle. I've had thousands of miles of off roading fun with it.

Playlist:
I highly suggest skid plates.
Robert,

Thank you for the video and suggestion about skid plates. I have looked at a few options so far and the Primitive Racing plate you have seems legit. The price is much better than LP Adventure too! Do you have their lift kit, or another brand, installed on your Ascent?

- Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
Robert,

Thank you for the video and suggestion about skid plates. I have looked at a few options so far and the Primitive Racing plate you have seems legit. The price is much better than LP Adventure too! Do you have their lift kit, or another brand, installed on your Ascent?

- Dave
I have a 1" Anderson Design Lift Kit installed.

And, yes, I love the Primitive skids. They've taken a considerable amount of abuse.

LP does make a nice bumper guard though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts