Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of trying to make a deal on a Crimson Red Limited, 8 passenger. Dealer is trying to get it from another dealer if it can be done during these times. Currently have a 2106 Outback Limited and my wife has a 2018 50th anniversary Forester (Touring). Will be trading in the Outback if all goes according to plan.

Have been reading a lot on the forums and it seems like a good time to upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the process of trying to make a deal on a Crimson Red Limited, 8 passenger. Dealer is trying to get it from another dealer if it can be done during these times. Currently have a 2106 Outback Limited and my wife has a 2018 50th anniversary Forester (Touring). Will be trading in the Outback if all goes according to plan.

My wife and I are considering exactly the same vehicle, Red, Limited, 8 passenger. Red ones seem less common. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wound up getting a magnetite gray 8 passenger limited. That color was actually my first choice and the local dealer was able to find it and get it to his dealership.

picked it up last week and loving it.

My wife and I are considering exactly the same vehicle, Red, Limited, 8 passenger. Red ones seem less common. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I are leaning strongly toward getting an Ascent Limited as our towing vehicle for our 20' Rpod that we pull 1800 miles from Michigan to Arizona once or twice a year. The Rpod empty is 2500# and full probably 3200#. With all the passes and hills in the SW, am I right that the Ascent should do fine? Also, is the factory towing hitch the best option? I figured if Subaru puts it on when I get the car, it should be done right. Thanks. John

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry but I don't know anything about towing with the Ascent. It is rated to tow 5,000 pounds, but how well it does it, I don't know. Probably the style of the trailer, weight distribution and brakes will all weigh in.

If I was doing it, I would definitely go with the factory or realer installed hitch and wiring....just in case. Plus it should all be covered under the full warranty.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just got mine a week ago! Amazing car to drive on road as in with all Subarus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts