Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I just purchased a new Ascent Premium 8 passenger today(OK, we only agreed on the price trade-in value and did financing and go in 11/27 to pick it up). It's going to be her daily driver for her and the 4 kids.
Joining the forum to learn some tips and avoid some major mistakes.
This isn't our first Subbie---that was 2003 Forester that we loved but rusted out from underneath us. Road Salt :mad:
Therefore I am going to try using Fluid Film for rust protection. Anyone have any experience, especially with application?
Also will need to get some snow tires and rims. Suggestion on which rims/wheels to get? I am not picky and don't need anything styling but would like something that has the correct center bore diameter. Might just have to get OEM.
Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
Hi, and congratulations!!! There's a Wheels and Tires section of the forum to check out numerous tips and suggestions, and, my friends at @Discount Tire can be reached through this forum. They're very well versed in what works and what doesn't for the Ascent. Rims are 5x114.3, 56.1mm center bore. There's no other Subaru rim that's load rated high enough for the Ascent, so, look into a different Ascent rim, or into aftermarket.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Welcome to the forums @AnthonyC

You will find a lot of useful information here with quite a few member who deal with the road salt vermin. And others who basque in not having to deal with that torment at all... ;)

C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts