Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MY21 Ascent Touring was delivered on Friday (Mar 12) a day before the big snowstorm that hit Colorado on Saturday and Sunday! It has about every option plus a few extras - trailer hitch, extra mats and protectors, and roof rails. I had a "clear bra" added to protect the hood (lots of gravel and sand on roads here in Colorado), some tinting to the windows, and a sun shade added to the 3rd row seat windows. I chose the Pearlized White exterior with chocolate brown interior. (too many years in Texas summers taught me the value of a light colored car!) I spent the snowy weekend pouring over the manuals and trying to learn all the electronics options. This my 5th Subaru since 2003. I've had a new 2003 Forester, a used 2005 Outback Eddie Bauer, a new 2014 Forester, a new 2016 Outback Limited, and now the Ascent Touring. A lot of the controls are like the Outback so it was easy to drive from the beginning. We've only driven around town running a few errands, but I love the way it drives and the wonderful acceleration from the turbo!
There is a long backstory for getting to this place, but one thing we want to do is get a camping trailer. Now that I have the Ascent, we are waiting to pull the trigger on a lightweight travel trailer until my wife and I both get past some medical procedures. I'll be frequenting the towing section of the forum, and have already gleaned a lot of good Ascent specific information. Glad to finally be "official" in the forum!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2020 8 Seat Limited (Crystal White Pearl)
She's a beaut for certain a.cavin!

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the forum - from a fellow Crystal White Pearl owner 馃槈 (and a former Boulderite)...

Registered
2021 Ascent
One of the major advantages of ordering v. selecting off the lot. No dealer cost to install the add-ons. I'm a new owner myself and am enjoying things so far.

Reactions: Capi2lo

Registered
My MY21 Ascent Touring was delivered on Friday (Mar 12) a day before the big snowstorm that hit Colorado on Saturday and Sunday! It has about every option plus a few extras - trailer hitch, extra mats and protectors, and roof rails. I had a "clear bra" added to protect the hood (lots of gravel and sand on roads here in Colorado), some tinting to the windows, and a sun shade added to the 3rd row seat windows. I chose the Pearlized White exterior with chocolate brown interior. (too many years in Texas summers taught me the value of a light colored car!) I spent the snowy weekend pouring over the manuals and trying to learn all the electronics options. This my 5th Subaru since 2003. I've had a new 2003 Forester, a used 2005 Outback Eddie Bauer, a new 2014 Forester, a new 2016 Outback Limited, and now the Ascent Touring. A lot of the controls are like the Outback so it was easy to drive from the beginning. We've only driven around town running a few errands, but I love the way it drives and the wonderful acceleration from the turbo!
There is a long backstory for getting to this place, but one thing we want to do is get a camping trailer. Now that I have the Ascent, we are waiting to pull the trigger on a lightweight travel trailer until my wife and I both get past some medical procedures. I'll be frequenting the towing section of the forum, and have already gleaned a lot of good Ascent specific information. Glad to finally be "official" in the forum!
View attachment 11397
I hope you got out a bit to actually drive the new Ascent on our snowy roads. I loved that the roads were mostly clear (where they were not packed with vehicles due to the road being shut down). I had no problem negotiating the deep snow as I passed all the stuck vehicles. I had hoped to drive up to the mountains to play but as you know they shut down the highways. The whiteout did not help.

Registered
We just traded in our 2017 Outback Touring for a 2021 Ascent Limited. This is our 7th new Subaru. We negotiated hard and settled on 9.5% off of the MSRP with a decent trade-in on our 2017. I like buying fully loaded vehicles but we hardly every used the power moonroof on the touring and neither of us are audiophiles. So we looked for a Limited model without the Technology package to save the $3K. We found a pearl white in stock with just the body side moldings, license plate brackets, wheels locks and the rear bumper cover. It has an MSRP of $41,216 And has the 2nd row bucket seats. I already ordered the rear cargo mat and the ones for behind the third row.
We pick it up tomorrow and the first thing I will do is a light paint correction and coat it with a ceramic coating. I have done my 2020 Corvette and the new 2020 Bolt EV with ceramic coatings and the always look great. It is a time consuming process but worth the effort. Other than maybe the splash guards is there anything else that we should buy. I will probably buy the aftermarket winter floor mats in the fall. I really like the brand that we got for the Bolt EV and they do make them for the Ascent.

Registered
We just traded in our 2017 Outback Touring for a 2021 Ascent Limited. This is our 7th new Subaru. We negotiated hard and settled on 9.5% off of the MSRP with a decent trade-in on our 2017. I like buying fully loaded vehicles but we hardly every used the power moonroof on the touring and neither of us are audiophiles. So we looked for a Limited model without the Technology package to save the $3K. We found a pearl white in stock with just the body side moldings, license plate brackets, wheels locks and the rear bumper cover. It has an MSRP of $41,216 And has the 2nd row bucket seats. I already ordered the rear cargo mat and the ones for behind the third row.
We pick it up tomorrow and the first thing I will do is a light paint correction and coat it with a ceramic coating. I have done my 2020 Corvette and the new 2020 Bolt EV with ceramic coatings and the always look great. It is a time consuming process but worth the effort. Other than maybe the splash guards is there anything else that we should buy. I will probably buy the aftermarket winter floor mats in the fall. I really like the brand that we got for the Bolt EV and they do make them for the Ascent.
View attachment 11438
[/Q
I hope you got out a bit to actually drive the new Ascent on our snowy roads. I loved that the roads were mostly clear (where they were not packed with vehicles due to the road being shut down). I had no problem negotiating the deep snow as I passed all the stuck vehicles. I had hoped to drive up to the mountains to play but as you know they shut down the highways. The whiteout did not help.
The folks at the hospital wondered what my wife was driving that she was able to get to work - she told them a Subaru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts