Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased our first Subaru ever, a 2020 Ascent Touring model. So far so good. It will take a little while to get all the bells and whistles set up like I want them, though most are done. After driving GM vehicles since the late 1970's it is a bit different but I am getting used to it. It is also different going to the SUV over the old Malibu sedan I traded in.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I went from GM to the Ascent. Any controls on the steering column are on the opposite side from where you will expect them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just when you "think" you have all the bells and whistles set up...... you find more that you missed. Have you set up a Pin Code on the rear gate? Page 126 of Manual. By setting your 5 digit Pin Code, you can unlock the driver's side door with no remote around. That would be very useful if you ever lost you Fob - would give you a safe place to wait for help.

It's really easier to set up than the instructions appear. It's best to have someone reading you the steps or print them out and have in hand. Difficult to do while holding the manual because you only have so many seconds between steps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just when you "think" you have all the bells and whistles set up...... you find more that you missed. Have you set up a Pin Code on the rear gate? Page 126 of Manual. By setting your 5 digit Pin Code, you can unlock the driver's side door with no remote around. That would be very useful if you ever lost you Fob - would give you a safe place to wait for help.

It's really easier to set up than the instructions appear. It's best to have someone reading you the steps or print them out and have in hand. Difficult to do while holding the manual because you only have so many seconds between steps.
I haven't yet but it is on my list of things to do this week, along with a few more things to look at. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went from GM to the Ascent. Any controls on the steering column are on the opposite side from where you will expect them.
I know. I still have a GMC truck and my wife has a Ford Escape. I have to remember three different brands now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts