Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Touring- Magnetite Gray/Java
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I'm Belikin and I came home today with my first Subaru since my DooDoo Brown GL Wagon that I had when I was 16 years old. My first Subie had a manual lever you pulled up on while in neutral to engage the AWD and was the very first car I ever learned to do my own repairs on.
My new 2021 Touring Ascent is a FAR FAR cry from those days. :)
I'm very excited to be a part of the Subaru family again and immediately went online and ordered my ownership badge when I got home today.
Looking forward to keeping abreast of subjects of interest to our super cool Ascent's!
I'm in the NE Florida area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I'm Belikin and I came home today with my first Subaru since my DooDoo Brown GL Wagon that I had when I was 16 years old. My first Subie had a manual lever you pulled up on while in neutral to engage the AWD and was the very first car I ever learned to do my own repairs on.
I'm very excited to be a part of the Subaru family again and immediately went online and ordered my ownership badge when I got home today.
Looking forward to keeping abreast of subjects of interest to our super cool Ascent's!
Welcome! I got my White '21 Touring a few weeks ago...4th family Subaru. Enjoy and good luck!!!

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
379 Posts
I had an old maroon GL wagon years ago! LOVED that car, and learned to work on it a bit. Definitely a FAR cry from those old wagons to the Ascent!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just got a used 2019 Touring a few days ago. First Subaru for me and my family. Extremely happy so far and wondering why I didn't make the move years ago. What is an ownership badge?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got a used 2019 Touring a few days ago. First Subaru for me and my family. Extremely happy so far and wondering why I didn't make the move years ago. What is an ownership badge?
Like This. Super Geeky but I think it's cool and am excited to recieve mine. this is just an image i pulled from the Intar-nets.

The website to order is: Badge of Ownership and it asks for your VIN number so have that handy. I don't know any of the rules on them, for example, if you get one for free if it's a used purchase from a private party or anything like that. Mine was free when I ordered however and I bought our Ascent new from dealer.
The dealer didn't even tell us about this, I saw a TV commercial about it a year or two ago and my inner geek immediately said "want". :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Welcome back to the Subaru of the 21st century! We are on our 3rd Subaru since 1995. Two Legacy's ('95 that I finally let go of in 2018) a '07 Legacy (which is now my son's car) and our currently daily is our 2019 Ascent Touring. We have loved them all and will continue to buy Subaru's for their Safety, AWD, and reliability.
I see your thumbnail is from a flightdeck, so I assume you're current or prior Navy. I retired from the Navy in 2004 and although I was a "snipe electrician" I spent time on CV-66 and CVN-71 and worked on the flightdeck on both ships. I retired from Hampton Roads area and have lived down here, NE of Orlando since 2004.
Anyway, congrats on your new Ascent! I'm sure you'll like it as much as we like ours.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
157 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Belikin... same like Belizean beer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome back to the Subaru of the 21st century! We are on our 3rd Subaru since 1995. Two Legacy's ('95 that I finally let go of in 2018) a '07 Legacy (which is now my son's car) and our currently daily is our 2019 Ascent Touring. We have loved them all and will continue to buy Subaru's for their Safety, AWD, and reliability.
I see your thumbnail is from a flightdeck, so I assume you're current or prior Navy. I retired from the Navy in 2004 and although I was a "snipe electrician" I spent time on CV-66 and CVN-71 and worked on the flightdeck on both ships. I retired from Hampton Roads area and have lived down here, NE of Orlando since 2004.
Anyway, congrats on your new Ascent! I'm sure you'll like it as much as we like ours.
Thanks Big! I am in fact a retired AT1 from the F/A-18 world. I was on the Independence and the Kitty Hawk. I retired in 2006 due to heart failure (Qatar) and got a heart transplant in 2007. Now, I'm a Nurse Anesthetist. That's all neither here, nor there, but may be of interest nonetheless. I miss the Navy sometimes and I like few things better than sitting around a campfire or the edge of a pool telling sea stories whilst I sip a frosty beverage of some sort. :)
We are already loving our new Ascent. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Belikin... same like Belizean beer?
As a matter of fact Robson13, yes! My family is from Belize originally and while I was born here in the states (AZ) I still have alot of family back in Belize, including an Aunt who runs a hotel on Ambergris Caye. Belikin beer is obviously a favorite of mine. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a matter of fact Robson13, yes! My family is from Belize originally and while I was born here in the states (AZ) I still have alot of family back in Belize, including an Aunt who runs a hotel on Ambergris Caye. Belikin beer is obviously a favorite of mine. :)
Happy to see a fellow Belizean here. Mr. CruzinMI is from San Ignacio.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
157 Posts
My wife is Belizean and I'm Polish....quite a combination. Belikin stout is my preferred drink when I'm there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.