Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 300 miles on my new Ascent and when I start it and have radio playing I hear a clicking in my left front dashboard stereo speaker. If I accelerate the clicking gets faster. Doesn't happen all the time, but often. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, usually listen to Sirius XM. The clicking sound does not change in volume with the radio. Somehow it is related to speed. The faster I go the frequency of the clicking sound increases. I think it's related to the electrical system. And it is only in the one speaker in front of the driver near the windshield. Also, it is not consistent, sometimes it goes away.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It sounds electrical. AM radio will sometimes have the same problem and the frequency changes with the alternator / engine speed. If I remember right we used to put a capacitor on the alternator to fix the problem. Might be interesting to see if the frequency changes while parked and increasing the engine speed. With it happening in only one speaker is odd. In the end you will probably need to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got an update. Still getting the intermittent popping sounds from the left dashboard speaker. Then yesterday I was driving talking on the phone and out of nowhere the call on my BT speakers dropped. The conversation was still on my phone, but not my car speakers. The infotainment screen was still lit up, so changed it to radio and there was no sound coming out at all. Later, after getting in my car again everything worked as normal for about three minutes, then all the sound and a phone call went dead again. It's at the dealership now, and they are checking for firmware updates, and maybe the amplifier. Hope they don't have to remove the entire system from the dash. I've only got 600 miles on my Ascent and that would be a bummer. Other than this I really like my new ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an update. Dealer replaced the amplifier under the passenger seat and that fixed the problem. Took a week to get the part in because apparently Subaru has changed vendors after having problems with the amps, so the new part was shipped from the manufacturer rather than Subaru. Now it is fixed and sounds great.
Also just did my first fill up at the pump and got 17.7 mpg on the first tank with some idling time, too. That's with a mix of city and highway driving, so not too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.