Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the group and I just bought my 2020 blue limited Ascent. Any quirks I should know about? This is my 3rd Subaru because I absolutely love them!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats! Lots of info here so get reading! Ha! So far as I can tell, the most recent Ascents have their bugs pretty much worked out. There is a software upgrade for the radio system, but you will get an e-mail when your VIN is ready for ti to be updated.
Primary issues discussed are;
1. CVT functionality. Some folks find the operation to be less than ideal. In reality, only a few of the thousands of vehicles have an issue and there is a software fix for those now released.
2. Steering feel is a bit touchy.
3. Throttle is a bit touchy.
4. Various volume levels seem to change on their own.
5. Fuel economy seems to vary. Break-in time should resolve though, so break it in first before getting too concerned.
6. Smoke at start-up.
7. Crappy battery and symptoms like hard start, dead battery.
8. Rear hatch open draws battery power constantly, don't leave it open.
9. Oil level over filled from the factory.

I'm sure others will chime in with more things. For me, I've not experienced anything unusual that either isn't addressed by Subaru or isn't enough of a bother to address.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Lots of info here so get reading! Ha! So far as I can tell, the most recent Ascents have their bugs pretty much worked out. There is a software upgrade for the radio system, but you will get an e-mail when your VIN is ready for ti to be updated.
Primary issues discussed are;
1. CVT functionality. Some folks find the operation to be less than ideal. In reality, only a few of the thousands of vehicles have an issue and there is a software fix for those now released.
2. Steering feel is a bit touchy.
3. Throttle is a bit touchy.
4. Various volume levels seem to change on their own.
5. Fuel economy seems to vary. Break-in time should resolve though, so break it in first before getting too concerned.
6. Smoke at start-up.
7. Crappy battery and symptoms like hard start, dead battery.
8. Rear hatch open draws battery power constantly, don't leave it open.
9. Oil level over filled from the factory.

I'm sure others will chime in with more things. For me, I've not experienced anything unusual that either isn't addressed by Subaru or isn't enough of a bother to address.

Cheers!
Hi there, You are certainly full of great info! The CVT has been a hot topic . I myself feel like it does its job. I have some big hills to drive and it is zooming up them. Yikes #8 is concerning for summer camping and listing to the radio when fishing! oh well I'll close it. I think it will take me a bit to get used to the steering it seems to have a mind of its own , (the eye sight) .Thank you and Happy trails!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I know what you mean about the steering. I went for a 300+ mile pickup to the Ascent. The tight steering with a mind of its own took me a while to get used to. I have also learned to turn off the LKA when it fights me in road construction areas.

Good luck with your new Ascent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Ascent! My wife loves ours and even our 3-year old enjoys the ride every time.

Another 'quirk' would be that weird deposit that forms on the side panels found in the engine bay.

At first I thought ours didn't have it but after getting it a few days I checked it and these 'deposits' were on the panels as described in this thread - Hood side panel deposits

It doesn't seem to affect anything though, just aesthetics I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts