Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2020 Ascent Premium Tungsten 7 passenger earlier this week. Fourth Subaru (14, 15, 17 Outback). Had my wife's 17 Outback at the dealer for some warranty work a couple weeks ago, and made the mistake of test driving the Ascent while I was waiting. I spent the time since doing research on these forums, to get more knowledgeable about the Ascent. I have always done ALL work on my cars, except for warranty related issues I don't have to pay for, and intend to do the same with the Ascent. I tend to buy vehicles that have active community forums, with a rich knowledge base related to repairs, maintenance, problems, solutions, etc. That is why I like Honda and Subaru. I hope I don't have any issues with the Ascent, but if I do, I hope to use these forums to find the solution, and to give back if I find something that may be useful to others.

I live in Raleigh, and reached out to a number of dealers across the state for quotes. I figured I would try the Costco program, and the quotes from there were by far the best, and were a great place to start negotiations from. Many were from dealers I reached out to already. Most dealers had a $37619 MSRP on Premium 7 passenger option pkg 12, with roughly the same add-ons. I received Costco quotes from 5 different dealers across the state, and most were around $4400-$4500 off MSRP. I was able to get mine just north of $33k, with a few extras added in, as most dealers would match or beat those quotes. Tack on a good trade in value on the 17 Outback, $500 loyalty coupon, 0.9% financing, and it was a done deal. I was also able to add a 6/100k Gold+ warranty with pricing info derived from research on these forums.

Already ordered another Fumoto valve, and the Draw-tite hitch from Etrailer. I don't tow, but need for cargo carrier and bike rack. Looking forward to putting that on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts