Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from a short errand and when I pulled in the garage, my hazard lights came on and I cannot get them turned off. I can't find anything online or int the manual as to the cause and how to stop it.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Did you press the button on the dash above the head unit to turn them off?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
There is a red triangle on a button directly above your radio. Try pressing that.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a red triangle on a button directly above your radio. Try pressing that.
Thank you! Yes I - I finally figured it out. I've never had to turn on the emergency lights and when I reached up to put my sunglasses in the case above the rear view mirror, they fell and hit the button. There are so many things about the Touring Ascent that are so much different than the Touring Forester that I traded for it, that I actually have my owner's manual with all sorts of sticky tabs to look things up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
This is my first vehicle ever with so much technology ,first thing first was getting familiarized with the vehicle because in turn I needed to familiarize the wife also with it.Sat in the vehicle with the manual in hand pushing this,pressing that ,going through the different settings .I didn’t want to be going to the dealer for something I should’ve known,besides I think I knew more about the vehicle than the salesman at the time of purchase.
Next week will be my 1 year anniversary with the Ascent and I’m still finding myself going through the manual.This forum has been a big part of the learning process as do all other forums out there.
Manuals are issued for a reason and I will be honest owning this vehicle made me realize WHY.Before I would glance through one but this time around I definitely went through them with a fine-toothed comb.

Note: Just noticed that our avatar pic is in a square box,before it was round lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
...I actually have my owner's manual with all sorts of sticky tabs to look things up.
What I've found useful is to download the pdf manual under Support and Resources in the My Subaru website. Of course you can search, but another nice feature is clicking on a referenced page takes you there. Once you're done there, you can go back by Alt(left arrow).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts