Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's plenty of empty button spots even on the touring by the drivers left knee.

Remembered to disable eyesight, even turned off RAB and lane departure for good measure. Got eaten by the AVH! Car wash guys kept yelling "Put it in neutral, brakes off!". I'm like my farkin feet are on the floor and it's in neutral.

So for 2020 put a "Car Wash" button down there that will disable all these things at once!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've driven about a dozen of them through our dealership car wash as well as my own personal Ascent through a few different car washes and I've never once turned eyesight off. I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just curious, are the ones having issues due to the car in front of you in the car wash or the parts of the car wash that come touch the windshield/car to clean it?

Are the ones not having issues a touchless car wash or just no other car in front of you?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have just turned AVH off and been fine (after getting hollered at to get my foot off the brake and put it in neutral, which I had already done)!

ETA: This is for an automatic car wash that pulls your car along the track for you.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Don't forget those auto-wipers.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious, are the ones having issues due to the car in front of you in the car wash or the parts of the car wash that come touch the windshield/car to clean it?

Are the ones not having issues a touchless car wash or just no other car in front of you?
Mine was not touchless and I had disabled per manual, no idea if any real issues could arise

I have just turned AVH off and been fine (after getting hollered at to get my foot off the brake and put it in neutral, which I had already done)!

ETA: This is for an automatic car wash that pulls your car along the track for you.
This was my issue.

Don't forget those auto-wipers.
They made one pass too lol.

Reactions: WebSnyper

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you! I had this problem the other day and was trying to figure out why it was in neutral/parking brake not engaged, but the track wouldn't work. They were hollering at me too! I didn't figure it out, however, and they had to back out the string of cars behind me. So embarrassing. But I completely forgot about the AVH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.