Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over the subaru parts website and Google in general but I need to get a new plastic grommet that sits inside the rubber electrical boot and snaps to the sheet metal on the rear hatch. I broke off one of the tabs so it doesn't seal firmly and I'm concerned about water intrusion.

Part # 6810-7092. Pics attached.

Side note. Love the led light that I installed on the hatch from lurking around the forums.

Appreciate any assistance!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
For a part like that, you'll likely have to physically visit the parts counter at a Subaru dealer. It's unlikely that you'll find it listed online since it's not a common part that folks would buy.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Man I just dig through every Ascent parts diagram I could and found pretty much every single part except for those grommets. Sheesh. I’m beginning to wonder if the come with the door wiring harnesses...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I just dig through every Ascent parts diagram I could and found pretty much every single part except for those grommets. Sheesh. I’m beginning to wonder if the come with the door wiring harnesses...
Thanks for looking as well! They have to be somewhere. Hoping that corporate will find it for me. If not I don't know what I will do to source it.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Thanks for looking as well! They have to be somewhere. Hoping that corporate will find it for me. If not I don't know what I will do to source it.
Call your parts counter. They can drill down into the sub-assemblies to get part numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like it comes with some wiring harness (per SOA and the Parts people at the local dealership).

Part # is 81817XC00B
SALE PRICE IS $135.78

Looking at the diagram for that harness, I am not completely sold that it comes with it. Sucks it doesn't just come by itself. I'll probably find some other way to ensure that it is waterproof there instead of spending $135 for a plastic grommet (I know I know, I am the one who broke it :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts