Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I’m a total newbie here but I really need help with suggestions for LED upgrades for my 2019 Ascent Premium. The stock low beams are killing my eyes ?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I literally know nothing of replacement bulbs or brands

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Search on Auxito on this site. Those are the brand I and several others have used. They're pretty awesome in amount of light and the width of the illumination. Low beams use the H11 type and high beams the 9005 type.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search on Auxito on this site. Those are the brand I and several others have used. They're pretty awesome in amount of light and the width of the illumination. Low beams use the H11 type and high beams the 9005 type.

Hey @Merope
Is replacing the headlights fairly straight forward? Is it easy enough for a single woman to do it with just the manual? I finally got my lights in but didn’t really know what I’m in for
Lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes. Very easy. There's good to access the bulbs behind the lights. There's a little latch on the bulb connectors that you need to lift as you pull the connectors off the existing bulbs. Twist the bulb CCW to remove. Install the LEDs with a clockwise twist. Mate the connector on the LED pigtail with the Ascents connector. The only thing remaining is to use some zip ties to restrain the adapter modules so they don't flap around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Very easy. There's good to access the bulbs behind the lights. There's a little latch on the bulb connectors that you need to lift as you pull the connectors off the existing bulbs. Twist the bulb CCW to remove. Install the LEDs with a clockwise twist. Mate the connector on the LED pigtail with the Ascents connector. The only thing remaining is to use some zip ties to restrain the adapter modules so they don't flap around.
thanks! I’m gonna try it right now 😬😄

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah, luckily it's not like the 2011 Outback where you had to remove the inner fender lining to change out the headlights!

Should be straightforward... sometimes the clips are hard to get on/off. If you have work gloves it's always handy to prevent scrapes on your hands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2007 Tribeca was a nightmare, and bulbs were burning out at least once a year. Scars on my arms trying to get those bulbs in, very awkward. Finally got some LED bulbs, should last longer. Glad to see my brand new Ascent is much better thought out, but since they are already LED, probably won't need to worry about replacements for a while

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update my fellow Ascent frens!
So it took me all day yesterday to figure it out (cuz I’m a ditzy female LOL) but I did it!! I can now see at night woo hoo!!
Initially i was trying to put the low beam into the hi beam socket and got confused for a bit as to why it wouldn’t fit. I went back to working from home for a few hours but couldn’t stop thinking about those damn headlights. so I went back to the car and finally found the correct location of the low beams. I finally replaced the bulbs in less than 10mins!! Woo hoo this single lady LOL.
thanks for all your help people 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts