Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone tried to install a side camera under the left mirror for easily parking parallel with the edge of the road? My wife normally hits the edge when she does parking and this scratches the alloy wheels al the time.
Thank you!

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
No, but it's on my plans for the future. In the meantime, a tiny round blind spot mirror helps.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Thank you Robert, will do with the blind spot mirror and can't wait to see one of your future plans to be done, so that I can try!^^
I got a 360° camera processor that I am going to try out. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
how about simply practicing until she perfects the set up and maneuver. Start with cones in a parking lot and then to more substantial barriers to represent a vehicle and then to a real curb. I learned in NY ages ago so it is not something you forget once learned.

Do not forget to help her with parallel parking on the drivers side as well.

not real but you could have fun with your wife with it.

and this

This is for real

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
My wife normally hits the edge when she does parking and this scratches the alloy wheels al the time.
Thank you!
17” liquid metal shadow wheels with 245/65 tires will pretty much solve wheel scratching issues. I wouldn’t recommend scraping your sidewall on cement often either, but those beefy sidewalls really protect the wheels!

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
17” liquid metal shadow wheels with 245/65 tires will pretty much solve wheel scratching issues. I wouldn’t recommend scraping your sidewall on cement often either, but those beefy sidewalls really protect the wheels!
I second this. It also looks really really amazing. Show him, @xydadx3!!!

Here's mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.