Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Display Rest Stops? I know I can select menu and rest stops will show me what’s coming up but how do I show rest stops automatically displayed on the map as I’m driving on the interstate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I Haven’t tried it yet but apparently turning on gas stations also turns on restaurants and rest areas.

By the way when I go to menu, Points of interest, rest areas — Arrows pointing various directions show up. Does anyone know what the angled direction signify?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I Haven’t tried it yet but apparently turning on gas stations also turns on restaurants and rest areas.

By the way when I go to menu, Points of interest, rest areas — Arrows pointing various directions show up. Does anyone know what the angled direction signify?

I'm pretty sure the arrows point to the location based from where you are facing in relation to your vehicle. Can you elaborate more on the "angled direction"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure the arrows point to the location based from where you are facing in relation to your vehicle. Can you elaborate more on the "angled direction"?
An arrow will point at 45° to the right. If it’s ahead on the interstate why doesn’t just point Straight up? Some arrows also just point left or right.

·
Registered
556 Posts
A new navigation app will help with features like this.
If I recall correctly, you press and hold one of the icons in the top or bottom corners. While you are at it, sometime while driving down a street, press and hold the bottom center one (bar) and it will display street addresses as you drive down the street. Sure helps when no addresses are on businesses or mail boxes.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If I recall correctly, you press and hold one of the icons in the top or bottom corners. While you are at it, sometime while driving down a street, press and hold the bottom center one (bar) and it will display street addresses as you drive down the street. Sure helps when no addresses are on businesses or mail boxes.
Good to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts