Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or something to that effect. I live in the United States, the southeast to be specific (temporarily!), I have the most updated maps on my system, but for some strange reason when I try to do a voice command in navigation it gives me some weird response about voice commands not recognized in this country. I have gone through the settings and I can't figure it out. To be honest, I really don't care that much because I never use the damn thing anyway (Google is way better) but it's weird. I looked through previous posts and didn't see anybody else with this issue and can't find anything on YouTube. Does anyone know what might be going on?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The voice command implementation on Subarus is poor and needs a lot of work. In over a year I have not been able to use it effectively.

It takes a great deal of continual effort to develop an effective, powerful voice command system such as you see with Google, Siri, and Alexa. Most companies do not have the internal resources to do this and thus implement weak, limited systems. Subaru's is particularly weak. Other than for very basic commands, I'd advise to simply not use it.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
How far south? Close enough it's confusing your location with Mexico? I haven't experienced that, but the closest I've been is to Canada, about 2 miles from the border.

·
Read Only
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How far south? Close enough it's confusing your location with Mexico? I haven't experienced that, but the closest I've been is to Canada, about 2 miles from the border.
[/QUOT
Oh no, not even close to that. About a hour south of Atlanta

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts

·
Read Only
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know your current firmware version?
I thought that might be the issue so I downloaded the latest firmware update two nights ago and installed it. Still continues to do it. I will try to remember to film it and throw it on my YouTube channel

·
Read Only
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Problem solved. I reinstalled the update, tried it and was still giving me the same weird response, turned the car off, turned it back on, retried the voice commands and it worked. I have absolutely no idea why it was doing it and why I needed to turn the car off but somehow it works now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts