Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2017 Legacy, and within the navigation menus there is an option to find an alternate route if there is a delay on the current route of xx minutes. I was looking for this same option within the Ascent navigation menus, but was unable to find it. A quick look through the navigation manual was unhelpful also. has anyone found an option for this feature on the Ascent, is it just automatic, or is it non-existent?. I have only taken one road trip where I needed to use the navigation, and when I came upon a highway exit where traffic was a standstill, I just kept going to the next exit myself and the GPS rerouted, but it didn't tell me about any situations of stalled traffic.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Waze.

Even if we had the option, the available traffic data usually isn’t real time, delayed by minutes or more.
Waze crowdsources traffic data so as long as you’re not on a very rural road I haven’t found anything else that can beat its routing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waze.

Even if we had the option, the available traffic data usually isn’t real time, delayed by minutes or more.
Waze crowdsources traffic data so as long as you’re not on a very rural road I haven’t found anything else that can beat its routing.
In the Legacy it was usually pretty accurate. It would give you about a 10 mile warning before the traffic jam/accident, tell you the amount of delay, show you an alternate route, show you the time saved by alternate route, and ask if you want to accept or decline alternate route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.