Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I posted this once earlier but couldn't find it... anyway, we noticed that our navigation has a setting for the brightness to be set automatically, or can be set to day or night manually. We have ours set on automatic, but it doesn't go into night mode when it gets dark. I can set it to night mode manually, and that works, but it is a pain to manually set it back and forth and defeats the purpose of an automatic mode.

Can anyone else confirm whether they see the same behavior, or whether it works "as it is supposed to" in their car? I am driving a Limited, in case that matters...

·
Registered
203 Posts
THANK YOU!!! (Who comes up with features like this???)
It is a Subaru thing. Using the dimmer switch force day time mode is faster than messing around in the menus of the audio unit. A good use case is when it rains. In some states, it is required to turn on your headlights when it rains. If this happens during the day when it rains and you have the screen set to auto, the screen is too dark to be legible.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Turn your brightness setting off the maximum. (Dial by left knee). If it's on the max, it doesn't auto-adjust. Put it one dot off the max and it will adjust. I had the same issue.
Thanks for this tidbit! That brightness was driving me crazy, but now, it's all good! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with those of us that haven't sunk our heads into those owner's manuals!

Reactions: lazydaze$$
1 - 7 of 7 Posts