Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent has about 7500 miles on it and I've used the navi system several times with no problem. On a recent weekend trip, we used to navi to get to our destination. After lunch, I tried inputting a new destination address only to discover that the system wouldn't allow me to input it. I tried going into the "Previous Destinations" screen and they were all blank; so were the "Points of Interest" screens. The map showed my current location, but the system didn't let me do anything. I gave up and about 15 minutes later, shut off the car and restarted it. At that point it was like my navi reset itself-- all the screens were back to normal and I could program in destinations etc. I haven't been able to recreate the situation and just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Call the dealership. I had issues with my infotainment system dropping’s navigation and going silent, especially after a requested apple CarPlay finished. Wasn’t able to use any of the buttons to try to make another request, couldn’t get back to the nav. Just a blank screen. They tried computer updates. Didn’t work. Eventually replaced the whole infotainment system and now works fine

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the state of Pennsylvania disappear. Traced it to a failed update. I connected to Wi-Fi and manually did an update for the nav which restored things.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
I had the state of Pennsylvania disappear. Traced it to a failed update. I connected to Wi-Fi and manually did an update for the nav which restored things.

View attachment 1080
Woah...I wondered why it went dark that day! LOL :D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.