Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a couple of Navi database version references on the Forum and see one is the version referenced within the Subaru Maps web site. Are there different versions used in North America? My VIN is registered for updating and I received a notice in March. It comes up with an Australian/New Zealand update. Any ideas out there. The SoA folks are not terribly helpful, just saying that I need to wait for the next update. Puzzling...

TimG

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
I’ve seen a couple of Navi database version references on the Forum and see one is the version referenced within the Subaru Maps web site. Are there different versions used in North America? My VIN is registered for updating and I received a notice in March. It comes up with an Australian/New Zealand update. Any ideas out there. The SoA folks are not terribly helpful, just saying that I need to wait for the next update. Puzzling...

TimG
What does subaru-maps.com say now and what version are you currently running? And, alas, since Harman Kardon runs that site, SoA can't tell you why their site would show the wrong data.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My current system on mt Ascent Ltd with 8" Navi option:
SW version REL4.18.20.50
NAV DB North America 2017.03 UPDATE3_6513.28/12545/272294/12635

Subaru Maps.com tells me I can download Rel_U1.18.38.50 AUS and that my VIN is registered. I also find a reference indicating my current Navi should be: Rel_UO.18.30.20 NA_CAN_MEX & Navi Database version>:USA Canada and Mexico 991_6759_9121

It's like the Harman server has me in the wrong part of the world. I'll ping Harman.com product support. Someone out there must have the ability to correct this.

TimG

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
I would NOT run that update.

My current system on mt Ascent Ltd with 8" Navi option:
SW version REL4.18.20.50
NAV DB North America 2017.03 UPDATE3_6513.28/12545/272294/12635

Subaru Maps.com tells me I can download Rel_U1.18.38.50 AUS and that my VIN is registered. I also find a reference indicating my current Navi should be: Rel_UO.18.30.20 NA_CAN_MEX & Navi Database version>:USA Canada and Mexico 991_6759_9121

It's like the Harman server has me in the wrong part of the world. I'll ping Harman.com product support. Someone out there must have the ability to correct this.

TimG
Hey Tim,

Go back into your MySubaru.com account, and the subaru-maps.com site and make sure your address is correct in both. There's no Ascents in Australia, so, it sounds kinda like it's not recognizing something about you or your vehicle.

Touring update is Rel_U1.18.38.50 NA_CAN_MEX, and all US Navi trims should have either "NA" or some combo of NA, CAN, MEX in the version string, so don't run that update, since it will likely mess up the maps database. Unless you were planning on moving your car to Australia. :tango_face_wink:

Because parts of the system are trim dependent (eg: I have the approach lighting, auto-wipers settings, etc), my release sadly won't help you. So, the only solution I see is the dealer, or bugging Harman Kardon for the correct update file.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. No word yet from H/K.

BTW, trim is Limited 7 seat w/ option 23. That’s the 8” Mm Nav system with other stuff.

No Aussie trips planned...
TimG

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The continuing saga: No help from Harmankarden.com, they only deal with aftermarket thingeys. OEM is via others. Via a phone call to H/K, I was directed to another group. The call came up with a three days per week guy, hardly the direction I'd anticipated. Perhaps he'll call back, little hope along that thread. Now it's back to Subaru3 via phone. Since I received an update email in 09MAR, that's another clue and now tied to a new case #.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received a reply from Subaru3 and they agree that the map update for the Aussie realm was in error. The next update for NA is due in late summer 2019. This along with apologies for the kinks in the system. Case closed for now, it seems. If you have an issue, stick with Subaru3. They're the ones responsible for the OEM stuff.

TimG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts