Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the 8 inch starlink nav system in my ascent
GPS does not work /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

When I hit the Maps button, it shows that the car is in Montgomery AL (when in fact I'm in Sacramento CA) and it never changes.

My sales rep was rushed because we made the deal at the end of the day and we didn't run through all the setup orientation so we didn't catch it at the dealer.
I'm pretty tech savvy and have gone through all the menus even the hidden service menu. I've downloaded the appropriate maps for my region via WiFi but this didn't change anything.....still in Montgomery apparently.

I think Gps may be bad in my car because of this status on the service menu. Can you guys tell me/show me what your factory status menu says under GPS. Hold the home button while clicking the tune/scroll button two times then release home button.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts

I think Gps may be bad in my car because of this status on the service menu. Can you guys tell me/show me what your factory status menu says under GPS. Hold the home button while clicking the tune/scroll button two times then release home button.
Doing the above steps...I can’t access the factory settings shown on your photo....please tell me the secret...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Doing the above steps...I can’t access the factory settings shown on your photo....please tell me the secret...
Have to get the timing right. The sequence is hold down home button, press IN on the tune/scroll button twice, then release the home button. Works for me every time. There is also another hidden menu if you hold the home button and press the tune/scroll 6 times, then release the home button.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't it matters what ours look like. Yours is clearing reporting several NGs, which I imagine means No Good. Bring it back in, show them and make them fix it.
Of course I will take it in. But my USB and aux ports work fine (which show as NG as well) so I'm not sure how reliable this screen is. Was just curious what others showed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Of course I will take it in. But my USB and aux ports work fine (which show as NG as well) so I'm not sure how reliable this screen is. Was just curious what others showed.
Tried again just now to enter those factory settings without success. Could be that you are able to access them because the dealer didn’t get time to properly activate your Navigation service with TomTom....IMO there is some activation code that has to be entered by the dealer that establish your access to an activated navigation system...seems my dealer had that all done before I arrived to pick up the car...keep us posted on the outcome...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried again just now to enter those factory settings without success. Could be that you are able to access them because the dealer didn’t get time to properly activate your Navigation service with TomTom....IMO there is some activation code that has to be entered by the dealer that establish your access to an activated navigation system...seems my dealer had that all done before I arrived to pick up the car...keep us posted on the outcome...?
It seems it takes a couple of tries
Found a YouTube of someone doing it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmB6FBenm3g&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Following up on this.....

I was able to get this fixed at the dealership.

The connection to the GPS antenna was loose at the back of the stereo head unit (not plugged in) apparently which took them about 5 seconds to fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts