Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I opened the built in NAV on my Ascent and the map will not load. It shows the car driving around. It knows my location because I can see my house/work icon on the map but no roads will load. Because of this the nav is useless. I reset the head unit and nothing.

Edit:So I went in to settings and updated my NY map and it loaded. Seems that my maps got corrupt and needed to be redone. Which is annoying since you can't reload everything from the car.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just experienced this as well- and it is a real pain. Has anyone else? Not sure if maps got corrupted or some other cause. Had to redownload regional map to fix.
2020 Touring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did the 12/17 Updates via thumb drive...no problem installing them...Now Maps says "Navigation Loading" and never seems to get there...Gave up after 30 minutes.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
Did the 12/17 Updates via thumb drive...no problem installing them...Now Maps says "Navigation Loading" and never seems to get there...Gave up after 30 minutes.
Remove the regions and reinstall them.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
Can't get there...stuck on Navigation Loading
Called Subaru Tech...Needs to go to a dealer..
Dealer says they need to hook the vehicle up to their computer.
Appointment made for next week..
Regions are in settings, and not in Maps/Navigation mode. There's three fixes that work for this (not all for each situation). In order of easiest to most difficult:
  1. Start the car, restart the head unit by holding the volume button for 10+ seconds until the screen flickers and the Starlink Logo reappears. Do NOT click on Maps and do not start navigation in any way. Go into Settings->Navigation->Regions->Select Region and uncheck all regions. Restart head unit again. Go back in and select your region while connected to WiFi and let it download the region(s) again.

2. Start the car, restart the head unit as per above, format the stick and reinstall the USB update.

3. Have dealership revert to an earlier firmware version, remove regions, and then reinstall current firmware version and then reinstall regions.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I just finished the latest update via USB while driving and it went perfectly.

However, a couple of days ago I got a notice that regional map updates were available so I did those over WiFi and it took over an hour and a half for just 3 states.

The data download for each state only took about 40 seconds but the updates took 35-40 minutes per state.

In the past these updates only took a minute or so per state so something has changed, at least for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished the latest update via USB while driving and it went perfectly.
Any info or release notes for this update? The last update fixed the CarPlay music skipping issue, just curious if there are any major fixes or updates in this release.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Success....
For whatever reason, after many different attempts, this worked and everything is now up to date....
USB 3.0 Stick that had been fully formatted....not the quick format or erased by the program...downloaded and installed with out a problem.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent; 2020 Impreza
3 Posts
I just experienced this as well- and it is a real pain. Has anyone else? Not sure if maps got corrupted or some other cause. Had to redownload regional map to fix.
2020 Touring.
I've got the same problem. Looking into how to force the reload / update now.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts