Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Navigation is dead on our 21 Touring. It “lost” a favorite that I programmed yesterday when I touched it to navigate to. tried voice and it told me “this feature is not active in my country”. Retried and said “cancelled”. Tried another favorate and “navigation can not be completed”. now all I have is a white screen with the blue position sensor.

Phone was also wonky but seems OK now.

Apple car play seems OK

Have appt tomorrow with dealer.

Is there a reboot/reset I should try. Nav is like adaptive cruise, don’t realize how much you use it.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try pressing and holding down the volume button for about 10 seconds...this "resets" the head unit. Worth a shot.
Did the reset and no change. I was hoping for a reboot of some kind- this wasn’t it.
Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Did the reset and no change. I was hoping for a reboot of some kind- this wasn’t it.
Thanks!
If you didn't see the whole screen flicker, go blank, and then boot to the Starlink logo, you did not hold the button long enough. Just try again, hold until you see those things happen, then let go.

Wiping everything and starting again is done in the head unit, under Settings->General, where you will find a "restore" function (I don't remember the exact location - if you can't find it, let me know).

Also, what firmware version are you running?
  • Settings->General->System Information

·
Registered
684 Posts
..holding down the volume button is not reset its reboot (10-15 sec) .. reset is in setting menus of the unit ...
also make sure you create profile ... and don't save settings under "default profile"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Software version is. Rel_UA.20.38.70

NAV IS North America_2017.03_6401_28/12545/27229/18208
The maps are definitely different after a recent (last few weeks) install
Car says Software is up to date

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Follow Up: Dealer tried the reset-no difference. He hit the tuner button several times with another button - I think a shortcut to some menus. They reinstalled the Nav system software, and no help. Then they reinstalled all the maps- which solved the issue. Everything is working as before. He said get a USB drive and download via computer, don’t use WiFi. The maps didn‘t seem to load properly. Maybe if I drove into an area that I didn’t update, it may have worked.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Follow Up: Dealer tried the reset-no difference. He hit the tuner button several times with another button - I think a shortcut to some menus. They reinstalled the Nav system software, and no help. Then they reinstalled all the maps- which solved the issue. Everything is working as before. He said get a USB drive and download via computer, don’t use WiFi. The maps didn‘t seem to load properly. Maybe if I drove into an area that I didn’t update, it may have worked.
The version you installed didn't have maps. 20.41.70 is the maps version. Something must have downloaded or updated improperly. Happens every now and then. Wish I'd understood what the problem was you were having. My mistake - I thought you were saying the whole screen was going white - not the navigation component. Sorry about that. Installing 20.41.70 from subaru-maps.com would have resolved it. Also, deleting and re-downloading a region often works.

Anyway, glad they got you up and running again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.