Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
Other than maybe something near (like camping in Shenandoah, and off-roading in the BLM land outside of it), all my big trips are postponed until November or next year. New job, no earned days until November, and then starting at the bottom of the vacation-days-per-year pool. Ah well. Not really upset, it's a good job, and I am glad to have it.

But I cannot wait to get back to Moab, and to visit Big Bend in Texas, as well as the parks in the PNW that I missed. Heck, I planned on an Alaska trip one day. That one won't be until a few years later than originally planned.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than maybe something near (like camping in Shenandoah, and off-roading in the BLM land outside of it), all my big trips are postponed until November or next year. New job, no earned days until November, and then starting at the bottom of the vacation-days-per-year pool. Ah well. Not really upset, it's a good job, and I am glad to have it.

But I cannot wait to get back to Moab, and to visit Big Bend in Texas, as well as the parks in the PNW that I missed. Heck, I planned on an Alaska trip one day. That one won't be until a few years later than originally planned.
I know the feeling. I finally am up to two weeks vacation and with the Ascent's support plan on taking advantage of it this year. It has been a long time delayed. Those who have work now are fortunate. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
New job, no earned days until November, and then starting at the bottom of the vacation-days-per-year pool. Ah well. Not really upset, it's a good job, and I am glad to have it.
Same boat here. I have time off right now but travel restrictions within 100mi and start a new job in August. My trailer and boat rental places are still closed. My only planned excursions this year are the OBX beach and a small camping trip. Can’t even make it to Shenandoah 😕

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm clear at the other end of the job spectrum.....will be retiring end of the year. I've been "semi-employed" this last 12 weeks....work a week , off a week. Haven't had to use any of my 23 vacation days yet and unfortunately, have had no place I could go anyway. Might get back to full employment after next week, but not sure. If I get another week of furlough after next week of working, I'm thinking a trip to Montana is a big possibility. We love Yellowstone and the Beartooth Pass area. Would love to be able to retire in Red Lodge, but probably won't happen. I have driven past Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota but never stopped; thinking that would also be on the agenda. With all that driving, I'm thinking the Ascent would be ready for its first oil change by the time we get back.;)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm clear at the other end of the job spectrum.....will be retiring end of the year. I've been "semi-employed" this last 12 weeks....work a week , off a week. Haven't had to use any of my 23 vacation days yet and unfortunately, have had no place I could go anyway. Might get back to full employment after next week, but not sure. If I get another week of furlough after next week of working, I'm thinking a trip to Montana is a big possibility. We love Yellowstone and the Beartooth Pass area. Would love to be able to retire in Red Lodge, but probably won't happen. I have driven past Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota but never stopped; thinking that would also be on the agenda. With all that driving, I'm thinking the Ascent would be ready for its first oil change by the time we get back.;)
national forests should be open as well. I think you just need to be prepared to avoid the visitor centers and bathrooms. The powers that be are graciously allowing us to visit our own undeveloped land. some states have their state parks open as well.

Now will be a great time to get out there since it will not be crowded.

Montana: The 14-day travel quarantine for out-of-state travelers and residents arriving from another state or country to Montana for non-work-related purposes will be lifted on June 1st.

)
------------------------------------
UTAH IS OPEN:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts