Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Soooooo...
Who is going to beat me to purchasing this? I got the go ahead from the wife to get this next month. Lol
]
I'm going to let you be the guinea pig, but I am interested to hear how it sounds afterward. Please record us some audio!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I want to hear sound clips before I decide... wife doesn't complain that my car is too loud, so maybe she'd let this one slide on her Ascent hahaha

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's not sound I'd do it for. If it provides quicker/cleaner flow to get more power through the engine, then I'd be interested. Didn't see any performance gains listed, so I'm betting it's just the sound.

Even a catback is an easy install, an axle back is even easier.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Im sure this sounds better in person. Perhaps removing the resonators will make it sound better as well. Regardless, less restriction = more hp but may have some tq loss? Someone dyno this for us!
Typically yes when you increase the flow you reduce the back pressure and cause a slight increase in horse power and a decrease in torque. In the end a professional tune would offset all of this I am sure.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.