Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I purchase that, the only thing I’m beating you too is a divorce lawyer lol. Maybe I can sucker her into letting me purchase it for the 2019 Holiday Seasons.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Install Labor more than the cost of the part?

Soooooo...

Who is going to beat me to purchasing this? I got the go ahead from the wife to get this next month. Lol

I will be curious what the labor for installation is. I was actually surprised by the price of the exhaust. Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
2,439 Posts
Soooooo...
Who is going to beat me to purchasing this? I got the go ahead from the wife to get this next month. Lol
]
I'm going to let you be the guinea pig, but I am interested to hear how it sounds afterward. Please record us some audio!

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can install this with 2 wrenches and some WD-40. Less than 30 minutes for even the greenest shade-tree mechanic.

Wonder how it sounds.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They also have a 5" muffler option available. Don't think I could get buy-in from my wife for either though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I want to hear sound clips before I decide... wife doesn't complain that my car is too loud, so maybe she'd let this one slide on her Ascent hahaha

·
Registered
920 Posts
It's not sound I'd do it for. If it provides quicker/cleaner flow to get more power through the engine, then I'd be interested. Didn't see any performance gains listed, so I'm betting it's just the sound.

Even a catback is an easy install, an axle back is even easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely makes better use of the exhaust cutouts. Our FXT has the same problem of lame stock exhaust tips that are shoved too far back from the edge of the bumper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im sure this sounds better in person. Perhaps removing the resonators will make it sound better as well. Regardless, less restriction = more hp but may have some tq loss? Someone dyno this for us!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im sure this sounds better in person. Perhaps removing the resonators will make it sound better as well. Regardless, less restriction = more hp but may have some tq loss? Someone dyno this for us!
Typically yes when you increase the flow you reduce the back pressure and cause a slight increase in horse power and a decrease in torque. In the end a professional tune would offset all of this I am sure.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts