Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my less than two month old Ascent got a nail. Is it patchable?? I’m hoping it is but I’m assuming the worse and I might have to replace it. I only have about 1300 miles, so I hope just one tire can be replaced. ?? Automotive tire Wood Rim Tints and shades Auto part

Any tire experts that can chime in, please? I’m taking it to Firestone in the morning.

Also if I do have to replace it should I try to get the same OEM tire??

·
Registered
646 Posts
Too hard to determine from a picture. But with 1300 miles a new tire will be fine. You're 2% into the life of the tire.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yeah, it looks too close to the sidewall to patch. Hard to tell for sure.

But for the love of god, do not go to Firestone. Go to a better tire dealer! When they went to patch a tire for me they knocked off the wheel weights so the wheel was totally unbalanced.

If there's a Discount Tire near you, they'll take care of it for free.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were able to patch it.!! Thank goodness! I understand your concerns with Firestone, I don’t generally like Firestone, but this one has been really good over the years with minor work I’ve needed done. This one has always been very upfront with me and helpful. But thank you all I was iffy on it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.