Subaru Ascent Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Silver Ascent Touring
4 Posts
I recently thought I was going to have to get all 4 tires replaced, but I got lucky and also had a great dealership experience. Here's what happened:

1) On a cross-country road trip, we hit a nail or something near Kansas City. Tire went flat in minutes.
2) Called the nearest Subaru dealer (Lee's Summit Subaru) to see if they had a tire to replace the injured one. They did.
3) The dealer warned me about the 2/32 issue. But they said there were two options - buy 4 new tires, or they could order a tire shaved to the correct level.
4) The shaved tired would take 2-3 days, though, so not helpful for me at the time.
5) We put the spare on and drove over to the dealer.
6) The dealer was luckily able to fix the tire in 30-45 minutes and send us on our way without charging anything. They said, "You don't need to worry about this on your trip."

Even if they couldn't charge us for it for some reason, it was nice to hear that and not have them throw their hands up and say we needed 4 new tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have become a big fan of Sams club road hazard warranty. I'm not sure there is a better one out there. Between my wife's Outback and mine, I have had 3 instances where there was a slow leak in one tire that they determined to be unrepairable (usually too close to the sidewall). In all three cases they replaced the one tire that was unrepairable (at no charge), and then replaced the remaining three but at a highly discounted cost based on the useful thread remaining. Most recently I had a very slow leak in one of my tires (~5lbs over the course of a month). I had less than 10K miles on this set of tires, Sams club replaced all 4 tires at no charge, the only thing I had to pay was $20/tire for the road hazard warranty for the new set of tires. It was really simple and straightforward .

41 - 43 of 43 Posts