Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you open the MySubaru App and look at the "Vehicle Condition Check" it'll tell you the date and time of its last refresh for tire pressures, ODO reading, range, and average MPG.

Those all match the data if I check from the car itself, except for the average MPG. The listed MPG in MySubaru never matches what it says in my car. Where does this information come from? It doesn't seem to be pulling MPG data from the car's computer. It must be using some calculation...

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
1D30 random roll for endurance...

When you open the MySubaru App and look at the "Vehicle Condition Check" it'll tell you the date and time of its last refresh for tire pressures, ODO reading, range, and average MPG.

Those all match the data if I check from the car itself, except for the average MPG. The listed MPG in MySubaru never matches what it says in my car. Where does this information come from? It doesn't seem to be pulling MPG data from the car's computer. It must be using some calculation...
It randomly rolls a 1D30 I think. :grin:

Seriously though, I think it's total since start, or total since some other random time (last thousand?) and rounded to the nearest 2 or 5 mpg increment. I don't recall seeing anything other than 20 or 25 mpg on mine to date. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they've seen differently.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It randomly rolls a 1D30 I think. :grin:

Seriously though, I think it's total since start, or total since some other random time (last thousand?) and rounded to the nearest 2 or 5 mpg increment. I don't recall seeing anything other than 20 or 25 mpg on mine to date. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they've seen differently.
Thanks. It must be rounded to the nearest 5 MPG, which is kind of disappointing since +/- 5MPG is the difference between crappy and great mileage in this car.

After 4000 miles, my lifetime average is ~20. I've seen a high of 22.4 hand calculated. My Subaru said 20 MPG. I figured that it was accurate since I really was averaging 20.

But I'm currently still on the same tank since spending last weekend in the mountains. I haven't filled up yet, but my average currently says 22.6 in the car. My Subaru says 25. It's got to be rounding up whatever the current average is...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts