Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth,

I was able to register my VIN to mysubaru.com. There are currently no recall campaigns for the Ascent! I do not have a guaranteed trade in value though :sad:

Maybe I'm late to the party but I did see there's some .pdfs available. Quick start and owners manual.

·
Registered
210 Posts
For what it's worth,

I was able to register my VIN to mysubaru.com. There are currently no recall campaigns for the Ascent! I do not have a guaranteed trade in value though :sad:

Maybe I'm late to the party but I did see there's some .pdfs available. Quick start and owners manual.

I registered too, didn't relieve the 'don't have my truck yet' blues....

·
Registered
583 Posts
I registered too, didn't relieve the 'don't have my truck yet' blues....
I tried but it did not recognize my VIN number.....I called SOA and they said I couldn’t register the VIN until I had purchased the car....
So did you have to call SOA to register or did it ( my Subaru )just take your VIN number?
Does it seem that the people at SOA are nice but the quality of answers seems to be hit or miss?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I tried but it did not recognize my VIN number.....I called SOA and they said I couldn’t register the VIN until I had purchased the car....
So did you have to call SOA to register or did it ( my Subaru )just take your VIN number?
Does it seem that the people at SOA are nice but the quality of answers seems to be hit or miss?

I just did it on the website.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fyi

I tried but it did not recognize my VIN number.....I called SOA and they said I couldn’t register the VIN until I had purchased the car..

SOA was wrong.....about registering new Ascent VIN on MySubaru....
Tried to register the VIN using my computer and it worked....Had originally tried to register on my IPad.....Apparently MySubaru does not like the IPad....

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you able to load the .pdfs, Quick start and owners manuals here?
They are quite large. Just give it a few days and you should be able to register. It was about a week or so after receiving my VIN that I finally was able to register.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Seems risky to register a car you have not purchased yet. I would wait till you take delivery just in case. I know I have gone to a dealership to purchase a car and when we arrived the car was not working properly. We walked and purchased at another dealership that night for a slightly lower price for the nearly same exact car.

One thing I will not do is purchase a car without driving it and ensuring that it works properly so I would wait to register.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Seems risky to register a car you have not purchased yet. I would wait till you take delivery just in case. I know I have gone to a dealership to purchase a car and when we arrived the car was not working properly. We walked and purchased at another dealership that night for a slightly lower price for the nearly same exact car.

One thing I will not do is purchase a car without driving it and ensuring that it works properly so I would wait to register.
100%. I understand that we're all excited. But if there's any chance the vehicle assigned to each of us doesn't work out, it's now extra work that hopefully you don't forget to delete. I don't know what happens if someone else tries to register a vehicle that has been registered by another person on mysubaru.com.

Reactions: Michael

·
Registered
583 Posts

This is not a Subaru 360(1968-70) we are buying.....It is a 2019 Ascent......But you are right......
You should wait to add/register your car.....You will feel more comfortable doing so....
I think most Subaru buyers are responsible people/adults and will add or delete cars to their MySubaru accounts as needed....anytime they buy or sell a car....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts