Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says: I created an account at MySubaru.com and added my Vehicle's VIN and such, and when I log in there it shows all of my Ascent's info (except plate number, plate state and mileage).

But when I open the app on my Galaxy Note Edge (also tried my Huawei Mediapad tablet, same result) it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." and when I dismiss that, it says "We are sorry to tell you that your account does not have a vehicle. Please go to https://www.mysubaru.com to add a vehicle."

I've tried logging out and logging back in to both the site and the app, I've activated my AT&T free trial in the car (and tried logging into the app over that connection...), I've tried opening the MySubaru app in the car, but nothing works.

I see in the app reviews that this has happened to others before.

Have any of you experienced this? Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to contact Subaru support? Perhaps I need to wait a day or something...?

I assume once I get logged into the app I can sign up for Starlink Safety & Security Plus so I can remote start.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It has nothing to do with the AT&T hotspot trial, they work independently, contact your dealer or SOA. Which Starlink plan did you sign up for? Even if it is the trial they have to activate it for you, create a pin, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I had the same problem. I emailed my sales person who contacted Starlink. They told him that everything looked OK and magically, it started working. Starlink did follow up with me a couple of days later just to make sure everything was still working.

Reactions: doubleshot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked the car up Saturday but my Starlink trial didn't get activated until yesterday, it seems. I think they might just not activate new subscriptions over the weekend. So it's working correctly now.

Before it's activated, there's no indication that you're signed up for anything on the website - just a place to add your car, and some tire coupons. They should consider putting some information there for people who just bought their car, letting them know that it might be a day or two before the safety & security stuff is available.

Thanks all

·
Registered
646 Posts
Reviving as my Ascent had disappeared from the mysubaru app so I cannot remote start it. My 2009 is there and both are available on the actual mysubaru.com website.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
No problem here, just checked & all looks OK on my iPhone app.

·
Registered
680 Posts
all still works..
i did get odd email on 11/25 from ("Subaru of America" <[email protected]>)

>>You have a FREE trial of STARLINK Safety Plus.
>>Your Crystal White Pearl 2019 Ascent includes a FREE trial of STARLINK Safety Plus.
>>ACTIVATE NOW!

its been active and upgraded for 3 month now ...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Called in and definitely have an issue on the Subaru side of things they will be working to resolve. Seems isolated to me for whatever reason. Kinda like my Fantasy Football luck, leading the league in points scored by 40 to 2nd place and almost 100 to third place and points scored against me so I may actually miss the playoffs :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts