Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new update for My Subaru App on Android. The graphics look a little different but noticed it now has a Guaranteed Trade In Value, didn't see or know that was there before. That's pretty cool to know what that number is.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,165 Posts
It's $15K plus whatever you owe on the current vehicle...they always forget to mention that and not a whole lot of folks pay cash for a vehicle.

This must be coordinated with the regular emails that have the same message and number that come from the dealer.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
I obviously am no longer eligible for the GTP, but, oddly, I still get the dealer emails saying (paraphrased, see image):
"Robert, would you like to sell or trade your 2019 Ascent with 69,299 miles on it? It's in high demand!!!"

So, I'm curious, which ones of you are demanding to buy my Ascent with all these miles on it? Maybe we can work something direct out? Let's cut out the middle man! 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,165 Posts
Automated marketing can be a real hoot. But you know what...there are folks who act on it. So maybe there's someone standing right there in the showroom, waiting for you to pull up and hand them your keys after all... :D

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
LOL, yep! Best thing is, because I work with and use multiple dealerships, I get each message more than once, as I hit each marketing or service milestone. But, I'd still prefer to think that my Ascent has gained so much noteriety that it's simply just in high demand all over the country!!! 🤣

·
Registered
469 Posts
Click on the i (information) button on the top right and then scroll all the way down to the bottom.
Ahhhh.... There it is. Thanks. $28,300. 2019 Premium w/14k miles.

But, I'd still prefer to think that my Ascent has gained so much noteriety that it's simply just in high demand all over the country!!! 🤣
Oh yes, aging like a fine wine. ;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The GTV is no higher than it would be at any other dealer. Subaru is doing you no favors. I am certain the app prompts a few owners to think about an upgrade earlier than they normally would.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
660 Posts
I know its $15k + loan balance. Its just comical to begin with to think one would trade in a 1 year old vehicle and plop down another $15k to only get 1 year newer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I took advantage of such a message when it said my trade value was higher than what I owed. All worked out for me and my family and am now in a 2021. You must weigh the loss in the equity.... But the gain in warranty, tires, and breaks.

Again, was the right deal for me.... Someone who typically stays in a vehicle for 8+ years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.