Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a battery condition report in the My Subaru app. Is there one, or is this a new feature request I need to make?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I didn't know about that. Any other hidden menus of interest?

I still want to have this in the app, but it looks like I will need to submit a feature request to whoever gets them. I guess if the app can tell me about washer fluid levels and other such minutiae, a battery readout ought not to be a biggie.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Being able to see battery voltage is definitely good, but it alone does not guaranty the battery is good. Only a load test can do that.

I would think with today's digital systems, it would be possible for the vehicle to monitor the voltage and current during starting (essentailly a load test) to come up with a better indication of battery health.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My TMobile Sync monitors battery health and shows me when battery is low from leaving lights on and as it charges. All that is on the phone app.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking more about being able to monitor the car battery using the My Subaru app. Still haven't tried the hidden menu. but as soon as I remember....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! I didn't know about that. Any other hidden menus of interest?

I still want to have this in the app, but it looks like I will need to submit a feature request to whoever gets them. I guess if the app can tell me about washer fluid levels and other such minutiae, a battery readout ought not to be a biggie.
That was very helpful. I was able to see the voltage on my battery. I was hoping to see something as far as the overall condition of the battery. I take my breaks in my vehicle a lot at work and I turn the Ignition on one click to turn on the Wi-Fi to watch Netflix. I wonder if there's an aftermarket something or other I could install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts