Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that whenever I lock/unlock my '21 Touring with the app, the driver's seat goes to some default position. Is there any way to to tie it to either of the saved positions (L1 or L2), so that I don't have to press one of the buttons and wait (yes I realize this is a 1st world problem :)) the 15 seconds for it to get back into my usual driving position?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Check pages 37 to 40 of your '21 Touring's Owner's Manual - what you've done is registered a different seat memory setting to one or another of your remote fobs, so that every time you use it to open the vehicle, it goes to that setting. ;)

( Pro-Tip: I used the online version of your Owner's Manual and searched for the term "memory" - (y) )

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,120 Posts
Another pro tip: the key fobs do not have numbers and are not tied to the numerical buttons on the door. So you actually have FOUR memory slots. Button 1, Button 2, and each of the two key fobs that came with the car. You can set the memory position of the seat to be the same for, say, one of the key fobs and Button 1. That way, the seat is in that position if you unlock the car with that fob or if you press Button 1 on the door. But you don't have to. You could have your key fob set as a position, your spouse's key fob as a different position, Button 1 set as yet another position, and Button 2 set as a fourth position, different from all of the above.

Most cars have numbered key fobs that correspond to the door buttons, but I kind of like the way Subaru doesn't do that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another pro tip: the key fobs do not have numbers and are not tied to the numerical buttons on the door. So you actually have FOUR memory slots. Button 1, Button 2, and each of the two key fobs that came with the car. You can set the memory position of the seat to be the same for, say, one of the key fobs and Button 1. That way, the seat is in that position if you unlock the car with that fob or if you press Button 1 on the door. But you don't have to. You could have your key fob set as a position, your spouse's key fob as a different position, Button 1 set as yet another position, and Button 2 set as a fourth position, different from all of the above.

Most cars have numbered key fobs that correspond to the door buttons, but I kind of like the way Subaru doesn't do that.
Thanks - hadn't thought about that level of flexibility....now it's time to RTFM :cool:

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
201 Posts
I'm a compulsive manual reader...... I confess......
A few years ago, my brother in law brought the manual for his newly purchased Scat Pack Charger on vacation with him as reading material.

·
Registered
643 Posts
^ MY MAN!!!! Give him a fist-bump for me (if you like him)? :D

No joke, years ago, I lucked into an Audi A8L while on-vacation. I'd already reserved a luxury sedan, so it wasn't that big of a reach, but the upgrade was free - I'd struck up a friendly and lively conversation with the lot handler -also a car-guy- while waiting (the people in front of me in line were being less-than-pleasant). I jokingly asked him "Hey, how about that one?" He literally looked at the other people, and then turned to me and said, "Yes, Sir! Free upgrade for you!" :eek:

I knew enough of the basics from my friends' Audis, but as soon as we'd checked-in and was settled, I downloaded the Owner's Manual.......

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,722 Posts
Thanks - hadn't thought about that level of flexibility....now it's time to RTFM :cool:
Get the PDF version off the Subaru website...it's searchable and you can even put it on most smartphones for portable access.

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2000 and something GMC Envoy had the buttons and the FOB number assignment set-up for the seat stuff. Like the our Subaru's, it had no identifying numbers on the FOB's either. It was red like my Ascent also.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
593 Posts
Seat memory recall via fob buttons is sort of useless with the proximity/touch unlock. I wish it would recall based on unlock/open of the drivers door with fob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts