Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Premium 8-Pass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there everyone.

I have a odd question. My legs when I drive naturally bow. This causes my knee to hit the edge of the mide dash console just below the infotainment screen. It starting to piss me off.

No seat adjust fixes it. Wearing pants doesn't add enough support. Trying to straighten my legs hurts my back and my balls. I'm a big and decently tall guy. I can live with it, but I have got rid of vehicles for less trouble then this.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, did you come up with any decent DYI solutions?

I was thinking about maybe buying some foam like you find on water noddles or bike padding and shape it to pad the area.

Edit: Found a lot of pads made exactly for this issue on Amazon. Should had know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes I share your pain with the leg rubbing against the middle console. I think rubber stick on pads of some kind would do the trick. It's not annoyed me yet to finding a solution. Post the ones you found in Amazon.

I think the seats in the Ascent would be more comfortable for me if it was about .5 to 1 inch closer to the door. But I'm guessing designers want the max space between the doors and passenger for crash protection purposes.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,108 Posts
Hello there everyone.

I have a odd question. My legs when I drive naturally bow. This causes my knee to hit the edge of the mide dash console just below the infotainment screen. It starting to piss me off.

No seat adjust fixes it. Wearing pants doesn't add enough support. Trying to straighten my legs hurts my back and my balls. I'm a big and decently tall guy. I can live with it, but I have got rid of vehicles for less trouble then this.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, did you come up with any decent DYI solutions?

I was thinking about maybe buying some foam like you find on water noddles or bike padding and shape it to pad the area.

Edit: Found a lot of pads made exactly for this issue on Amazon. Should had know. Mods, feel free to delete this thread.
I used to pad the side of the center console of my RX8 for track days. Needed the padding only to protect my knee against banging during high-G lateral acceleration. No worries in the Ascent. It won't be hitting the track.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Search the web for kayak thigh or hip pads. They are typically mini cell foam that can be cut ,sanded or ground to shape.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Premium 8-Pass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I share your pain with the leg rubbing against the middle console. I think rubber stick on pads of some kind would do the trick. It's not annoyed me yet to finding a solution. Post the ones you found in Amazon.

I think the seats in the Ascent would be more comfortable for me if it was about .5 to 1 inch closer to the door. But I'm guessing designers want the max space between the doors and passenger for crash protection purposes.
Here you go:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts