Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Subaru Ascent with a multifunction display above the main electronic/app display. I have a really bad scratch in the multifunction display plastic that obscures the left inch and a half of the length of the screen. I asked a Subaru service center about replacing the plastic and they said I had to replace the entire unit and that this would cost app $1300. My questions (1) does anyone know if you can just replace the plastic front of it instead of the whole unit and (2) from what I can tell this is a $689 part, so isn't $1300 a bit inflated to pop a new one in?

And yes, I'm buying screen protectors right after making this post...

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like the part itself is just under $700 before tax. I suppose if you could get to the screws for the display itself it may be possible to find a plastic piece to replace the scratched one, but I don't seen the plastic only piece available on subar parts website, only the entire display itself.

Link to the dashboard: AUDIO PARTS (RADIO). SYSTEM.. 2020 Subaru Ascent 2.4L Limited 7-Passenger w/EyeSight | Subaru Parts Online

Link to the display itself: (Multi Display. Multi DISP HIG. )

Part #85261

World Organism Font Urban design Art

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
934 Posts
Repair estimates are based on time and parts cost, the part is rather expensive and hard to get out. This is one of those times you need to weigh how much it is worth to you. And keep in mind Subaru warranties parts and labor for 12months/12k miles. I would try to source a used one if possible and if that is acceptable to you and maybe try to find an independent shop to replace it at a lower cost, you do accept the risk of the part not working and paying for labor 2 times. But I imagine if the part is dead the cover may be able to be removed and placed on your unit. I can't recall anyone removing the aux screen or I would point you to the thread.

I would guess the head unit need to come out and or maybe the dash needs to be partially removed to get the screen out.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,632 Posts
It's all about labor beyond the cost of the part. That's not likely an easy install as it may require substantial disassembly of the dash including other components that interface with the dash.

Reactions: 2020 Ascent Gal
1 - 6 of 6 Posts