Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the posting about the Rally Armor mud flaps, but am not really thrilled with them so i've been searching for something else that is designed to fit the Ascent. I really want them to look like they were designed as part of the car. I do drive on dirt roads every day and it seems like it rains more now that I have the Ascent so i need something that will keep the mud and rocks off the car, but I don't use it as an off-road vehicle. I came across RokBlokz mud flaps but can't figure out if they'll really fit my Ascent or if they are just a generic mud flap. Anyone have information on them?

https://rokblokz.com/products/subaru-ascent-2019-rally-mud-flaps-1

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the Rally Armor mud flaps and they look great. I'm extremely fussy about such things. They were made and cut specifically for the Ascent. The material is superior to any mud flaps I've ever purchased including the Rokblokz.

I understand that people have different tastes in styles, but anyone not considering the Rally Armor mud flaps is doing themselves a disservice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have also done the Rally Armor mud flaps and they performed as they should have on my last offroad trip.
I've spent some time researching the Rally Armor, people's comments, and the installation process, just didn't care for the mud flaps almost dragging the ground. I thought that might be needed on some of the rallies, but I don't do rallies. However, those look good on your car and that's the look I was after.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've spent some time researching the Rally Armor, people's comments, and the installation process, just didn't care for the mud flaps almost dragging the ground. I thought that might be needed on some of the rallies, but I don't do rallies. However, those look good on your car and that's the look I was after.

Thanks
Well designed mudflaps need to protect as much as possible to properly work, otherwise what's the point? Take the OEM splash guards for example, they look good but they do little, so they're a waste of money. The Rally Armor flaps are properly designed. They provide as much protection as practically possible and do a great job of protecting the finish from mud and road debris. The experts at Rally Armor cut the flaps to size perfectly. Then they use a high-quality, durable soft material that will easily flex without problems rather than break if the flaps should bottom out. To top it off, they still somehow manage to look great. They are both functional and aesthetic which is often not an easy thing to design when it comes to mud flaps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't justify the price for the Rally Armor Ascent mud flaps, if someone is unhappy and wish to sell for a decent used price I would consider purchasing from you.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I've seen the posting about the Rally Armor mud flaps, but am not really thrilled with them so i've been searching for something else that is designed to fit the Ascent. I really want them to look like they were designed as part of the car. I do drive on dirt roads every day and it seems like it rains more now that I have the Ascent so i need something that will keep the mud and rocks off the car, but I don't use it as an off-road vehicle. I came across RokBlokz mud flaps but can't figure out if they'll really fit my Ascent or if they are just a generic mud flap. Anyone have information on them?

Weathertech no drill mud flaps for both 2019 and 2020 are now available. I just ordered them from Accessories Inc. who gets them direct from Weathertech but I do not need to pay for shipping. Weathertech has a set of four for $80.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts

Weathertech no drill mud flaps for the Ascent (2019 & 2020)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can make both of us a pair of black mudflaps for our Ascents for cheap and look just as good. I can go my KW dealership and purchase 1 flap(black mud flap)and take a jigsaw and cut to the length you like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can make both of us a pair of black mudflaps for our Ascents for cheap and look just as good. I can go my KW dealership and purchase 1 flap(black mud flap)and take a jigsaw and cut to the length you like.
Sorry for the slow response, I do not login in here very often. I have since got mudflaps. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts