Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front passenger mudflap has separated about 3/4" from the body and shows a green wire which of course I want to not be exposed so taking to service Tuesday AM.

I truly hope this is covered by 3yr/36k as the vehicle came with the mud flaps so I would consider that part of warranty (e.g., they came in the option package pre-selected by dealer vs me buying aftermarket mud flaps).

I'll see how long it takes but if they say awhile - doubtful but who knows - I'll try to grab a Forester for the day as I want to compare visibility between that an Ascent.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,377 Posts
I think accessories that are delivered as part of the car do carry the same 3/36 warranty.

The Forester has excellent visibility. You may feel like you're in a fishbowl. :cool: Helpful tip: the Forester has a dash-top display like our Ascents have, but there's no up/down button at the top of the dash to cycle it. Instead, there's a small button on the left side of the steering wheel that does it -- in with the sound system controls. I didn't think that was very intuitive, and I had to crack open the owner's manual to find that.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well, i don't feel like visibility is very different , maybe i am just use to both cars by now , its is very little difference in the 1st 2 rows between cars..
But Forester got adjustable passenger seat , memory mirrors, rear camera washer and 8-10 better MPG .. and no power ..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and I'll find out tomorrow the time they need.

Guessing if it's pretty empty and they have a free lift (e.g., not much left overnight for them), it shouldn't take > 2 hours.

First time here as it's closer to where I live, so not sure if they will also do courtesy washing of the car.

Looking forward to having it perfect again and I'll mention the remote start from the app failed so hopefully related but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That actual work won't take more than 15 minutes, but if your Subaru dealer is anything like mine, your vehicle will be on hold for 6 hours at a minimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts