Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
good lord...nice deal...how'd you get it so low?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Shipping to Oregon $1300
Ironically I work with a guy who used to be an over the road truck driver. He was talking about how he still picks up cross country transports on high end vehicles mostly. He’s showed me cars he’s delivered that I didn’t know even existed! He gave me his company info if anyone is looking for a transport company out of Illinois. I don’t want to post an advertisement for them but if someone is wondering about shipping from the Chicagoland area I can at least give a company for you to check out.

Awesome price by the way! I always used Grand and shopped their prices around and was never able to find someone to beat them on both price and trade value, but I never went to Borman. Glad to know there is another dealer in the area that understands repeat customers are best.

Reactions: Thomas Benel

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked mine up last week from Berman in Chicago, good people to deal with and they saved me a bunch of money compared to Cleveland dealers. Yes, your sales tax is deferred. I will have to pay my Ohio sales tax (minus trade in credit) when I go to register my vehicle here in Ohio.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How is the sales tax worked out? Is it deferred due to out of state purchase?
There's only a 0.5% sales tax on purchases of new vehicles. Oregon otherwise doesn't have a sales tax. My guess is that he'd owe that 0.5% sales tax when he goes to register the vehicle in Oregon (it's also known as a use tax).

·
Registered
69 Posts
I live in northcentral Indiana and am looking to purchase the Premium 7 passenger with option 14. I contacted a few local dealers within a 50-75 mile radius and one offered me $38,776+ tax which is below MSRP but not much.

I would be willing to drive to Chicago to get the best deal though. Anyone think Berman or Grand is worth a shot?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
I live in northcentral Indiana and am looking to purchase the Premium 7 passenger with option 14. I contacted a few local dealers within a 50-75 mile radius and one offered me $38,776+ tax which is below MSRP but not much.

I would be willing to drive to Chicago to get the best deal though. Anyone think Berman or Grand is worth a shot?
I spoke with Berman two weeks ago and they were pricing new orders at invoice (October ETA). So that model should be close to $36,554 + tax for you.

And at the time, Grand had new orders (ETA Sept/Oct) at $2000 over invoice, which would be really close to your original quoted price closer to you.

Reactions: Xandersmama85

·
Registered
12 Posts
Give Evanston Subaru a try. They beat Berman's price on my Touring by $500 and had a delivery slot 2 months sooner. The downside was Evanston wanted a non-refundable $1000 deposit, saying my build with numerous options & accessories would be hard to sell if I backed out. Kinda BS (imo) and negotiated that deposit is refundable if delivery time slips or any change to OTD price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There's only a 0.5% sales tax on purchases of new vehicles. Oregon otherwise doesn't have a sales tax. My guess is that he'd owe that 0.5% sales tax when he goes to register the vehicle in Oregon (it's also known as a use tax).
Trying to remember how it was handled when I bought my WRX in Illinois coming from Michigan, but I feel like the dealer handled the tax according to Michigan and then when I registered it back in Michigan I just had to show them proof the tax was paid at the time of purchase...it was 6 years ago though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Trying to remember how it was handled when I bought my WRX in Illinois coming from Michigan, but I feel like the dealer handled the tax according to Michigan and then when I registered it back in Michigan I just had to show them proof the tax was paid at the time of purchase...it was 6 years ago though.
I bought two from Grand and I paid the tax in Wisconsin when I registered the vehicle. I did have to pay for a temporary license plate fee of $50 to drive it away.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is exactly i was told and printed the buyers order from my dealer in VA and I'm from PA.

·
Registered
978 Posts
For large purchases the home address you use determines your tax rate. If you buy in OR and use your CA address you pay the CA taxes associated to your address.

Further more when you apply for your CA registration for the car DMV makes sure you have paid your purchase tax. They will collect sales tax on vehicles purchased out of state. If your out of state dealer collected your instste sales tax you need to show very clear documentation that you already paid or you’ll be paying again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I spoke with Berman two weeks ago and they were pricing new orders at invoice (October ETA). So that model should be close to $36,554 + tax for you.

And at the time, Grand had new orders (ETA Sept/Oct) at $2000 over invoice, which would be really close to your original quoted price closer to you.
I contacted Grand and Berman today. Berman hasn't gotten back to me but Grand quoted me $37,554 which is almost $2000 under MSRP. It's the best offer so far but I'd still like to get it for $36-something if possible.

One of the Indy dealerships told me all dealers in the area would be selling at nothing below MSRP because of the popularity. I major eye rolled that comment since I know that to not be true.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.