Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to be a guy on this forum much, but I wanted to write a quick post to encourage those who come here trying to decide whether or not to buy an Ascent. I did 18 months of research on all of the usual crossovers and found quite a few things to give me pause about buying one on this site. However, I continued to listen to the positive comments on this site as well. I also have an advantage in that I live in Indiana where the Ascent is made and the workers here are very proud of this vehicle....and they should be. (I am no way associated with Subaru).
3000 miles in (including a road trip) and this so far is the best car I have ever owned. I am averaging 25.3 mpg on highway and 19.6 in city. I love the ride. My family is happy and I am very glad I have made the purchase. For those considering buying one, at least I represent one very happy customer.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Def happy with mine. Sure there are a few minor niggles, but nothing significantly problematic. I haven't (yet) experienced some of the more significant issues others in this forum have had.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So far so good here as well. Sitting at the dealership getting my 6k mile oil change. I've been averaging 24 MPG in my rural country road driving and managed 29.5 MPG on a recent highway trip. Also, it's been pouring here lately and I was extremely impressed with the handled on the stock tires. Looking forward to getting some ATs but stock have done me right so far.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I downsized from a Yukon XL.

It took a few weeks for my brain to adjust and appreciate the overall subtle aspects of the Ascent's performance/abilities. I'm no longer hankering to put oversized tires or other mods on it.

I'll likely just move down to 18" rims with Falken Wildpeak ATs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts