Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

First off, I know the Ascent doesn’t have Lane Centering. I just posted this on the Forester forum.

I have a MY20 Ascent (Touring) and I just bought my wife a MY20 Forester (Touring). I noticed something cool with the new Lane Centering/ACC feature on the Forester. Besides keeping the car centered while on Cruise Control (if there are lane markings), I noticed that when the BLUE BOX is locked onto the front leading car, it will follow its movement... has anyone noticed that?

I was driving back home on the main road using the ACC going about 15-30mph with lane markings on and off. I always wondered what the BLUE BOX meant when ACC was on. BLUE BOX was activated without the lane markings activated... that’s when I noticed it was locked to the leading car and followed its movement. When the leading car would merge right or left on a bigger lane, it followed.

I thought that was pretty neat.

·
Super Moderator
2,706 Posts
What happens when you’re in traffic and it can’t see lines but the car ahead merges? Does it follow that car into another lane?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s a good question I don’t know the answer to.

Obviously we don’t/shouldn’t depend on these new technology but rather use it as an aid.

With that being said, even though I love and carefully use ACC while in traffic (with Ascent and Forester), I haven’t had the chance to experience that “lane change without lines” if two cars are able to drive in a bigger lane that doesn’t have markings. Either way, I’m aware of my surroundings and wouldn’t let the car take over on it’s own... that’s why I had to say what I said first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts