Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we've had some freezing rain and snow here in Portland, so I've been able to give our Ascent more of a test. Having 2 previous Subarus, naturally I've expected the Ascent to be awesome in the snow, but yes indeed, it's passing this latest little test with flying colors. Driving home yesterday evening we ended up on a highway that was super icy, and on the uphill stretch cars were spinning out and stranded all over the place, backing up traffic to a standstill. Naurally the Ascent made it through fine and dandy without any problems once the able traffic was able to get past. And then last night took it for a midnight drive in the snow (which by then had covered the ice) and was able to test it a bit more since there was no traffic around. Totally happy with how awesome it was in every way. And though I've heard the stock tires it came with aren't the greatest, they had no problems at all.

Administrator
...sometimes I feel a little guilty, when I look back into my rearview mirror and see all of the other cars I'm easily passing.

Is it just me? 馃ぃ

Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
Not sure which Portland, but if you鈥檙e talking about Oregon, I鈥檓 definitely feeling the Subaru love right now as well. On our way to Bend right now and between the AWD and the new Continental VikingContacts I had put on a couple of months ago, it鈥檚 been smooth sailing.
This morning I even went out to just test it in the snow (we had 4-5鈥漚t the time) and tried really hard to get it to misbehave...and failed.

Registered
Here in southwest, well really all, Iowa, the Subarus are getting plenty of snow fun going on this year.
The oem tires on the Ascent do better than I thought they would. The Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady on the Forester do great in the snow.

Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
Snowy year for sure so far...we've had more than in the last four years combined to-date. Next week, however, brings an ice storm. That will be fun...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another day of snow driving, and not only were we all over town, but it seemed like there were at least 17 and a half distinctly different road conditions we dealt with at one time or another. Slushy snow, crunchy snow, dry snow, icy/bumpy snow, icy with snow on top, and total, flat out ice rink... to name at least a few. And though I lost track of the number of stranded cars and jack-knifed semis we encountered, the Ascent did great during all of it. Love this car! (but really, really don't enjoy the ice rink stuff, definitely white knuckling it through those parts. Ugh!

Registered
Another day of snow driving, and not only were we all over town, but it seemed like there were at least 17 and a half distinctly different road conditions we dealt with at one time or another. Slushy snow, crunchy snow, dry snow, icy/bumpy snow, icy with snow on top, and total, flat out ice rink... to name at least a few. And though I lost track of the number of stranded cars and jack-knifed semis we encountered, the Ascent did great during all of it. Love this car! (but really, really don't enjoy the ice rink stuff, definitely white knuckling it through those parts. Ugh!
The ascent comes equipped with retractable ice skates. (One of the reasons it earned such high safety ratings). I forgot which buttons and sequence of them to push. I suggest you page through the manual to find the detailed instruction for that festure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ascent comes equipped with retractable icfeature. (One of the reasons it earned such high safety ratings). I forgot which buttons and sequence of them to push. I suggest you page through the manual to find the detailed instruction for that festure.
Retractable icfeature?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.