Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Ascent is only 3 months old. I opened the moonroof tonight and now it won't budge to close. There is nothing visible in the tracks. I tried some of the steps I saw in these feeds but nothing works. The moonroof tilt and slide button occasionally even opened the inside cloth covering, so I am thinking it's a switch issue. Should not happen on a 3 months old vehicle. Very leary to ever use it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Ascent is only 3 months old. I opened the moonroof tonight and now it won't budge to close. There is nothing visible in the tracks. I tried some of the steps I saw in these feeds but nothing works. The moonroof tilt and slide button occasionally even opened the inside cloth covering, so I am thinking it's a switch issue. Should not happen on a 3 months old vehicle. Very leary to ever use it again.
I have the same issue. 24 months after purchase, dealership has had the Ascent for over 24 hours still not sure why the moonroof is malfunctionin. Loaner is a Crosstek, quite the change, almost comical. Said the repair might take a couple more days.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I have the same issue. 24 months after purchase, dealership has had the Ascent for over 24 hours still not sure why the moonroof is malfunctionin. Loaner is a Crosstek, quite the change, almost comical. Said the repair might take a couple more days.
Ascent does spoil us

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t blame you for being Leary. I own a 2019 Ascent and I love the vehicle but I HATE the moonroof. Since the day i got it I have had problems with the moonroof. As I write this it is once again stuck open. This is after last summer the dealership had my vehicle for 3 1/2 weeks trying to fix it because after they told me they couldn’t verify it I showed the service writer the issue right away and then when I tried to do the woek around to get it to close the moonroof started making a loud grinding noise. They replaced the entire assembly and I am back with the same issues again. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I don’t blame you for being Leary. I own a 2019 Ascent and I love the vehicle but I HATE the moonroof. Since the day i got it I have had problems with the moonroof. As I write this it is once again stuck open. This is after last summer the dealership had my vehicle for 3 1/2 weeks trying to fix it because after they told me they couldn’t verify it I showed the service writer the issue right away and then when I tried to do the woek around to get it to close the moonroof started making a loud grinding noise. They replaced the entire assembly and I am back with the same issues again. Very frustrating!
contact SOA to make them aware of it

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Sorry. Subaru of America. Call them and they will contact dealer to monitor repair. You should be getting a loaner while they have your car. One that meets your needs. SOA will also remain in touch with you during repair time to make sure you know what is going on.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
690 Posts
1980's GMs with sunroofs came with a hand crank to close the roof in cases like this. Haven't seen any cars with manual backups since then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts