Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Ascent is only 3 months old. I opened the moonroof tonight and now it won't budge to close. There is nothing visible in the tracks. I tried some of the steps I saw in these feeds but nothing works. The moonroof tilt and slide button occasionally even opened the inside cloth covering, so I am thinking it's a switch issue. Should not happen on a 3 months old vehicle. Very leary to ever use it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Ascent is only 3 months old. I opened the moonroof tonight and now it won't budge to close. There is nothing visible in the tracks. I tried some of the steps I saw in these feeds but nothing works. The moonroof tilt and slide button occasionally even opened the inside cloth covering, so I am thinking it's a switch issue. Should not happen on a 3 months old vehicle. Very leary to ever use it again.
I have the same issue. 24 months after purchase, dealership has had the Ascent for over 24 hours still not sure why the moonroof is malfunctionin. Loaner is a Crosstek, quite the change, almost comical. Said the repair might take a couple more days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t blame you for being Leary. I own a 2019 Ascent and I love the vehicle but I HATE the moonroof. Since the day i got it I have had problems with the moonroof. As I write this it is once again stuck open. This is after last summer the dealership had my vehicle for 3 1/2 weeks trying to fix it because after they told me they couldn’t verify it I showed the service writer the issue right away and then when I tried to do the woek around to get it to close the moonroof started making a loud grinding noise. They replaced the entire assembly and I am back with the same issues again. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I don’t blame you for being Leary. I own a 2019 Ascent and I love the vehicle but I HATE the moonroof. Since the day i got it I have had problems with the moonroof. As I write this it is once again stuck open. This is after last summer the dealership had my vehicle for 3 1/2 weeks trying to fix it because after they told me they couldn’t verify it I showed the service writer the issue right away and then when I tried to do the woek around to get it to close the moonroof started making a loud grinding noise. They replaced the entire assembly and I am back with the same issues again. Very frustrating!
contact SOA to make them aware of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts