Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my 2020 Ascent the two moonroof buttons were independent. Now every time I open the moonroof regardless of position of shade it, opens the shade completely. Dealer tells me this is normal. My question: if shade is open halfway back does shade go all the way back when opening moonroof

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
When I first got my 2020 Ascent the two moonroof buttons were independent. Now every time I open the moonroof regardless of position of shade it, opens the shade completely. Dealer tells me this is normal. My question: if shade is open halfway back does shade go all the way back when opening moonroof
I just tried this with my 2019 Limited, with the shade closed, opening just the back of the moonroof, (tipping it up) will open the shade just past the movable part of the moonroof. Fully opening the moonroof will also fully open the shade if it is closed or in the partially open position. But you can stop it at any point after it is past the movable part.

Closing the shade with the moonroof fully open, it will stop at the same point, just before the movable part of the moonroof. Forcing the shade to close past the stopping point with the moonroof open will close the moonroof to the rear open position, forcing it again will fully close the moonroof then the shade.

They don't work independently, you can't fully close the shade with the moonroof open.

Which I guess, makes sense. I never close my shade so this is new information for me.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,174 Posts
I just tried this with my 2019 Limited, with the shade closed, opening just the back of the moonroof, (tipping it up) will open the shade just past the movable part of the moonroof. Fully opening the moonroof will also fully open the shade if it is closed or in the partially open position.
I'm just here for the OP to confirm that our 2020 works in the same way. Sunroof cracked...the shade can be fully open or partially open. Sunroof lifted and open...the shade must be all the way open.

·
Registered
2020 8 Seat Limited (Crystal White Pearl)
67 Posts
In my attempt to find a way to vent the moonroof (tilt it up) and close the sunshade all but a crack (to allow heat to ride up and out of the cabin while parked in the sun), this is the best I could manage...

1 - moon roof vented:

2 - sunshade closed as far as it would allow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts