Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was reading through some material on MotorTrend that stated models with the moonroof option will have slightly less cargo room. Its pretty minimal but just seemed weird to me. I just don't understand why this would even be.

2019 Subaru Ascent Reviews and Rating | Motor Trend

Under the 'Utilities' section

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think, and I could be wrong ,that the moonroof makes the ceiling(?) of the car a inch or so lower, thereby decreasing cargo space.....Headroom would also be less.....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think, and I could be wrong ,that the moonroof makes the ceiling(?) of the car a inch or so lower, thereby decreasing cargo space.....Headroom would also be less.....
That would be the case. It is the same with my 2017 Forester. Ceiling needs to accomodate the moon roof. Not enought to worry about.

·
Registered
967 Posts
That would be the case. It is the same with my 2017 Forester. Ceiling needs to accomodate the moon roof. Not enought to worry about.
Actual cargo space is 86.5 cu ft without the moonroof, 86.0 with the moonroof. You lose about 1.3" of headroom front and center row. Since cargo space volume is only figured for the second and third row, and the moonroof doesn't affect the third row headroom, that's why it's such a small difference overall.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Interesting, the brochure has it at 72.8 or 72.1 which is less than the Outback
The website has updated numbers. The brochures were already printed and are incorrect now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Interesting, the brochure has it at 72.8 or 72.1 which is less than the Outback
Actual two Ascent brochures have been released on the Subaru web site...one was late last year and another in Feb/Mar 2018 time frame....the most recent shows several changes in the last couple of pages (10 & 11) regarding dimensions of cargo area and model trim specs....I know that several trim items changed in regards to the Touring model...the newer brochure deleted inclusion of Front Chrome under guard and rear bumper protector, third row sunshades,and 8 USB ports.....I’ll try to upload those changes. My thoughts are that the newer one is currently valid, as the accessory lists for ordering indicate that the shades (third row) and rear bumper protector are optional on the Touring model. Unsure on whether you get 6 or 8 USB now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts