Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my Touring, the dealership had very little information on accessories and options. Now that I've found this site and have a better idea what's available I would like to add Popular Package #2 to my order.

I ordered and received my VON on 3/13

Is it possible to add that package to my order without affecting the delivery date?

Also, would there be any impact to the timeline if I changed the exterior color?

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I ordered my Touring, the dealership had very little information on accessories and options. Now that I've found this site and have a better idea what's available I would like to add Popular Package #2 to my order.

I ordered and received my VON on 3/13

Is it possible to add that package to my order without affecting the delivery date?

Also, would there be any impact to the timeline if I changed the exterior color?
A few days after the order, I called dealer and added hitch. Dealer just re-ran paperwork and send me confirmation now including hitch. VON was the same on first and updated papers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What i was told was that you can add accessories to an existing order up to 30 days after placing it without any problem. To change color or from bench to captains requires a new order. I know, because we did it. Went from a Black Limited w/ bench to a Black limited with captains chairs. Our order went from July to September.

I even called SOA to see if there was anyway to make the change without a new VON, unfortunately there wasn't.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Wow, that is pretty far out! At this rate there won't be any Ascents available for public consumption (purchase off the lot) until 2019.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wow, that is pretty far out! At this rate there won't be any Ascents available for public consumption (purchase off the lot) until 2019.
Been through this before with the Outback when it did the body style. We went from July of 2014 until March of 2016 with a lot of times only having a service loaner to take people on test drives in, then ordering their cars for delivery 8 weeks later. (Forester was like that for 9 months when it changed back in Fall of 2013.)

Each dealership is only allowed to pre-sell approximately 80% of their inbound allocation. That doesn't mean that once those cars not pre-ordered aren't allocated that we can't then reserve them, but it just means that those customers won't be able to personalize them. I have half my August allocation left as of today.

(Oh, and I made that error with a customer - I did everything for the order, and managed to still hit the 8 passenger option instead of 7. I was able to get it corrected easily, it just took 24 hours for things to work through the system.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts