Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
heck yea, I just saw your post on the FB group.

I cant stand the emblems, I have to do it like the day we get home.

·
Registered
685 Posts
How do you take the emblems off? I don't want to do that, just want to get rid of the dealer sticker. I asked them not to put one on, but they did anyway.
Soak around it with some goof-off or wd-40. soak from the top and let it saturate down. A plastic trim tool, or plastic putty knife can then be pushed in and you can pry/scrap it off. Even a credit card. Use the goof-off or wd-40 to remove the remaining adhesive. This will peal the wax layer, but will not harm the clear coat. I have debadged several Subarus

·
Registered
94 Posts
For badges dental floss or fishing line to help cut the adhesive works well. For the decals light heat helps release the glue and you can pull them right off. Just leave you hand on the car next to the decal while applying the heat and once you feel it get warm you should be able to peel it right off.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Dealer stickers/labels are the easiest to get off because they have only been on there a few days in the case of an Ascent. Heat is the key to getting them off. You can also use bug and tar remover to clean up the residue.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Only thing I've ever debadged was my Legacy's PZEV emblem when the silver paint came off of it after about 6 years of ownership. Heat and a little goof-off did the trick.

I'm going to request from my dealer that they not put a decal on the paint, and instead give me some type of license plate frame for advertising. I'll end up removing it anyway, and it'll just be less of a hassle.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I ended up going the dental floss route and things peeled off just fine. Some of the more “complete closed circle” letters like the “B” in Subaru were just a tad more difficult to get off but obviously not impossible to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Only thing I've ever debadged was my Legacy's PZEV emblem when the silver paint came off of it after about 6 years of ownership. Heat and a little goof-off did the trick.

I'm going to request from my dealer that they not put a decal on the paint, and instead give me some type of license plate frame for advertising. I'll end up removing it anyway, and it'll just be less of a hassle.
I know this was posted a while ago but I wondered if the dealership did as you asked? I’m still waiting to pick up the Ascent but I want to ask the dealership not to put their decals on it. I’ve never like it on any vehicle, I hope they won’t place them if I ask ??

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know this was posted a while ago but I wondered if the dealership did as you asked? I’m still waiting to pick up the Ascent but I want to ask the dealership not to put their decals on it. I’ve never like it on any vehicle, I hope they won’t place them if I ask ??

I explicitly asked for no decals, when we were in with the finance guy at the dealer we purchased at, and he made a quick call out to the prep area and had it handled. No issues whatsoever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.