Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scheduled to pick up a new Ascent yesterday (8/21) but received a call from my salesman saying that there was a delay due to the missing weld issue. He said he really didn't know how long the delay would be.

Anyone have a clue how long most orders have been pushed out?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was scheduled to pick up a new Ascent yesterday (8/21) but received a call from my salesman saying that there was a delay due to the missing weld issue. He said he really didn't know how long the delay would be.

From what I can see, and then speculate based off that limited amount of uncertain information...cars are moving now and we shouldn't see any more significant delays due the weld non-issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can see, and then speculate based off that limited amount of uncertain information...cars are moving now and we shouldn't see any more significant delays due the weld non-issue.
So..... assuming the arrival was the 21st, when would you speculate the new arrival date should be?

·
Registered
304 Posts
So..... assuming the arrival was the 21st, when would you speculate the new arrival date should be?
I would speculate within the next week, if the car has been manufactured and released, but I have absolutely no way of knowing when. SoA updates that information periodically, they can tell you. Your salesman can also get a limited amount of information, but SoA can give you the best information.

·
Registered
357 Posts
if you have then VIN then check it with the recalls on Subarus website that would 100% tell you if the car had the weld recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I was expecting delivery first week of August. My salesman called on 8/17 to tell me the hold up was due to additional inspections which he understood could be related to recall, though he wasn't 100% certain on that. He said my car was cleared and I was just waiting on the shipping. I think shipping at least 1.5-2 weeks behind.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did get a VIN from the dealer and they expect it to arrive in the next 10 days! The VIN did not come up on the recall list thankfully. Living in the Indianapolis area, ship time is only 1 day for the factory

·
Registered
965 Posts
if you have then VIN then check it with the recalls on Subarus website that would 100% tell you if the car had the weld recall.
Actually, now it wouldn't. All the cars that were recalled have been inspected, found to have no issues, and are cleared for sale.

But it DID end up slowing things down a bit more as they did more inspections on cars that hadn't left the plant yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interesting conversation I had with another dealer. Ordered my Ascent in PA but happened to travel to Wisconsin. A Milwaukee dealer told me that they are getting the 2 mid level trims but hardly any Base models or Tourings are arriving. He told me the zone office is calling all delayed customers and offering some concessions over concerns customers are sick of waiting and some have bailed. My delay is 4 1/2 months now and no date just “on dock...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually, now it wouldn't. All the cars that were recalled have been inspected, found to have no issues, and are cleared for sale.

But it DID end up slowing things down a bit more as they did more inspections on cars that hadn't left the plant yet.
Now that I have a vin, is there someway online I can see the build order on that car?

So although I did a test drive with one they had one the lot (Limited), I purchased my Ascent (Premium) sight-unseen as one they had listed as "in transit" I know the basic items that come on the premium (which was listed on the website under this vehicle and has since been taken down since I purchased it), but I also know not all premiums are built the same since the prices can vary by about $5k.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My delay is 4 1/2 months now and no date just “on dock...
Technically your delay isn't 4 1/2 months. If anyone promised you a car before the end of June / early July, then, yeah, I'd be ticked. But the first batch didn't hit until end of June, and were never supposed to hit any earlier than that. So if you had a July delivery date, then at best your delay is one month now. And I'm seeing the cars that were supposed to be here in August are now built and/or shipping for early September - so a two month delay at best.

This is a whole new production line, not a simple retooling. There's going to be production glitches, which we're working through. And supply and demand definitely applies here - I just took an order yesterday that's now on our December allocation. While I expect the car to be here earlier than that, it may not make it until then. This is just part of it - we've seen this before with the Outback and Forester body style changes, and Crosstreks are starting to get that way. We cannot keep them in stock.

·
Registered
583 Posts
How many are waiting to be shipped?

The trucks began rolling out this morning. Hang onto your hats and be ready for that phone call!!
Any idea how big the backlog of cars waiting to be shipped is? It must be huge...How many are they capable of shipping (train & truck) per day if things go smoothly?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any idea how big the backlog of cars waiting to be shipped is? It must be huge...How many are they capable of shipping (train & truck) per day if things go smoothly?
lol...

SIA is working on it. They'll get as many cars out as they can. If you want more info on their logistics, you'd have to call SIA...but I don't think they'd be able to readily provide you with that kind of information. I don't think SOA would be able to readily provide that either. SIA produces about half of all vehicles sold in the US (350,000+).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts