Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just realized today that since I patched the head unit in our ascent that all of the hotspot options are gone now. Usually they are under the wifi settings. Anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix it? Everything else works great. I have attached a screenshot of our general menu and the version we are on.

We had to take an unscheduled trip and not having the hotspot is making things difficult. I have used it on every trip we took so I subscribed to a plan before discovering the issue. Now I have a subscription I paid for and can't use...

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
802 Posts
The WiFi hotspot settings have their own menu called "WiFi Hotpot". They aren't under WiFi Settings - Page 30 of the Starlink manual.

Edit:
Ok, now I see that your Hotspot and Hotspot Settings menu items are missing, they should be before Show Connected Devices, at least that's where they are on my menu.

Have you tried restarting your head unit by holding down the power button for 15 seconds?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, that turned out to be the fix. Not sure why key cycles didn't count as a restart of the head unit but happy they are back!

Thanks for your help!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.